colorful 512 led grow light panel with true full spectrum

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Yes, while everyone else went for efficiency, Seoul semiconductor decided to take a different path and research high CRI, aiming for the most natural spectrum. I guess the pinnacle of that project is the sunlike series, which has a very low lm/w.

It does seem that their approach is starting to pay, here is the HE line, not stocked yet. Check every day. The higher k strips seem to have less advantage over the lm301b, but the 3000k strips beat the samsungs hands down. So I would not wonder if its about their phosphor coating.

https://www.digikey.fi/products/en/opto ... ageSize=25
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
Indiled
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

r2thk wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:50 am
we developed ours 512led boards to match ours 240watt heatsink, by now, we tested it with Meanwell hlg-240h-48A version, the max power can be 290watt. we tested it as 270watt.
the led array rate as below; the white with Samsung LM561C S6 3500kevin chips
320pcs 3500K
16pcs 365nm
16pcs 385nm
32pcs 450nm
32pcs 620nm
64pcs 660nm
32pcs 730nm
That’s a very nice full spectrum.
What is the efficiency?
Can you give us μmol s-1 per watt?
The μmol s-1 per Watt and over what area and distance to get that value?
18 inches is a commonly used distance.Area depends on board shape and size.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I think all their product pages have pretty good info on specs
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

So I actually found the GML show with HLG on it. Maybe my friend was exaggerating a little. All the guys seemed pretty cool and it does seem fluence has a bunch of patents up their sleeve.
Hydrofood
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Do you have a link for that?
unkle_psycho wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:28 pm
So I actually found the GML show with HLG on it. Maybe my friend was exaggerating a little. All the guys seemed pretty cool and it does seem fluence has a bunch of patents up their sleeve.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Last time I googled it and ended up in a scetchy vietnamese streaming channel. Now I searched again and its not suggesting the same link. Didn't find it on the GML show (edit:page) either.
Futuregrow
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

grisbi wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:48 am
unkle_psycho wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:48 pm
What made you settle on the quantity of red? Why not more or less?
i calculate than i wanted 1/4 of the total power with red for boost flowering, gonna decrease the global cri to 3000k exactly what i want for bloom; the board wil be 120w, so i neeed 12 led red, they will be 3w, but will turn them to max 2.5w. so i will be 30 w of red on adding with the white!
I'm not convinced 660nm red actually "boosts" flowering quite as much as the community believes. I'd be keen to see the actual science behind it, because it seems to be just based on the chlorophyll B red peak and that's it.
Futuregrow
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:17 am
Nice, please let us know how it performs. So you work with any clone/ familiar strains that will allow you to see any immediate differences?

I do believe there might be a way to use the dedicated reds in veg too, hoping to get some to play around with. The dedicated reds create larger leaves and stem elongation. I didn't use any lights with discrete reds, but I've watched a few people who did, and felt the larger leaves come before the stem starts stretching. If I get some discrete reds I will be looking at supplementing for perhaps the first week when the plant is strong enough to go under high intensity lighting. Then either stop supplimenting before veg stretch emerges, or find a light recipe to counter the stretching.

Anyway almost always when I see plants that received early veg under discrete diodes, they look good.
Your observation of large leaf formation with high red content may have something to it. I have witnessed this where high quality blurples comprising 7 discrete diode colours were used with a high red percentage, and yeah the leaves were as big as dinner plates.
Futuregrow
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:53 pm
A friend just called and said he saw an interesting podcast where growmou5 and people from mayor lighting companies were present.

I could not find the discussion yet, but it seems HLG tried playing the 'evil chinese copy my products' card with very bad success. My friend said growmou5 just stated who were the real innovators and nobody had anything to say. Seems HLG has done exactly what they blame the Chinese for.

Supposedly the HLG guy was gloating on how fluence owns so many patents in the field that soon they will shit on all the chinese. One could almost assume he wished he had his own. Clearly the established players saw their position in the field as guaranteed by power rather then value to the market.

I'm eager to see how they are able to leverage their special position with samsung once there are 10-20% more efficient diodes available from elsewhere.
Nichia's own competing 3030 diode already matches the LM301B for efficiency. Samsung have over-stated the efficiency for their diodes. I've had lunch with the Nichia rep and spoke to her for two hours about everything I'm doing with Futuregrow going forward, and this was one of the topics covered.
Hydrofood
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Could you provide any highlights from that conversation?
Futuregrow wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:55 am
unkle_psycho wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:53 pm
A friend just called and said he saw an interesting podcast where growmou5 and people from mayor lighting companies were present.

I could not find the discussion yet, but it seems HLG tried playing the 'evil chinese copy my products' card with very bad success. My friend said growmou5 just stated who were the real innovators and nobody had anything to say. Seems HLG has done exactly what they blame the Chinese for.

Supposedly the HLG guy was gloating on how fluence owns so many patents in the field that soon they will shit on all the chinese. One could almost assume he wished he had his own. Clearly the established players saw their position in the field as guaranteed by power rather then value to the market.

I'm eager to see how they are able to leverage their special position with samsung once there are 10-20% more efficient diodes available from elsewhere.
Nichia's own competing 3030 diode already matches the LM301B for efficiency. Samsung have over-stated the efficiency for their diodes. I've had lunch with the Nichia rep and spoke to her for two hours about everything I'm doing with Futuregrow going forward, and this was one of the topics covered.