question for the meanwell HLG-600H-48A

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
grisbi
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

hello guyz!
i have some question about this driver:
what is the purpose/use of the 2wire output ? i use only one, but would love to know the use of it?
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

grisbi wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 9:43 pm
hello guyz!
what is the purpose/use of the 2wire output ? i use only one, but would love to know the use of it?
Hi Grisbi hope you are well. The HLG 600 has a lot of output current, so much so that the output wires of the driver can't take so much current, to solve this they have 2 output wires. You can join them back into one large wire if you choose but it is a lot of current and would require extra thick cables to handle the current.
Cheers
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
grisbi
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

TEKNIK wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 9:53 pm
grisbi wrote:
hello guyz!
Hi Grisbi hope you are well. The HLG 600 has a lot of output current, so much so that the output wires of the driver can't take so much current, to solve this they have 2 output wires. You can join them back into one large wire if you choose but it is a lot of current and would require extra thick cables to handle the current.
Cheers
ok sir! hello! thank you!
i dont know what to do with that because i have to connect the output driver to the aux inpout of the illumi meshtek device ! grrrrrrr
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

grisbi wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 10:30 pm
TEKNIK wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 9:53 pm
grisbi wrote:
hello guyz!
Cheers
ok sir! hello! thank you!
i dont know what to do with that because i have to connect the output driver to the aux inpout of the illumi meshtek device ! grrrrrrr
I am pretty sure that the meshtek can only output 4amps per channel. You may need to use several meshteks to get it to work properly. Need to know the voltage and current of the driver you want to use with this
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Sorry, I didn't read your post properly, it's a 48V driver. You would need to check how the loads work out and what the meshtek can put out per channel. Might be safer to use 2 meshtek devices.
Shimbob
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

If I'm reading these meshtek 4 docs correctly, it'll only handle up to 24V.
grisbi
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

thank you for the reply guyz!
yes illumi is 24v initialy! but you can unlock the 60v on putting of the jumper and using the aux power.
the engineer from illumi say's me to do that.
"*Remove Jumper J3 to increase the LED+ range to 60V.
**If J3 is removed, then external power needs to be applied to AUX+ and AUX- to power the board.
Stresses beyond those listed under Absolute Maximum Ratings may cause permanent or partial damage to the
device. Exposure to absolute-maximum-rated conditions for extended periods may affect device reliability"

that's why i dont know what to do with my 2 output from my meanwell 600w :'(
Shimbob
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Oh I see. Combine the power outs from driver, both reds to LED+, blacks to LED-. Remove J3, provide aux power to AUX pins.
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Shimbob wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 5:34 am
Oh I see. Combine the power outs from driver, both reds to LED+, blacks to LED-. Remove J3, provide aux power to AUX pins.
I am concerned that it maybe too much current and cause a problem. The terminals are small. Please check with the illumi engineer if running the current you require through just those 2 terminals will be able to handle it
Shimbob
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

That's a valid concern, the meshtek4 docs don't explicitly state the maximum current for the entire board. It's tempting to sum the (4) 4A outputs and say it can handle 16A but that's still a lot of current.
That driver has been tested to hit 14.1A.