question for the meanwell HLG-600H-48A

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
grisbi
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

TEKNIK wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 6:33 am
Shimbob wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 5:34 am
Oh I see. Combine the power outs from driver, both reds to LED+, blacks to LED-. Remove J3, provide aux power to AUX pins.
I am concerned that it maybe too much current and cause a problem. The terminals are small. Please check with the illumi engineer if running the current you require through just those 2 terminals will be able to handle it
ok guy!! reaaaaalllly apreciate your answers! its help me!!
im with the engineer of illumi, hes really nice and wanna his illumi works with horticuluture grow world ( finaly)
we tryed the illumi with the hlg600w and we burned one using the 24v ^^ .
he's assure me and say me to use the aux power and the illumi should be able to handle that.
now i see repeatly the video from cutter instagram :
https://www.instagram.com/p/BusBNSFAvMs/

like you say the J3 is removed and v+/V- connected to the driver with wago and now i wanna know if the aux has to be connected with the same driver output?
its mean: v+ and aux+ with the output's driver v+ with wago
v- and aux- with the output's driver v- with wago

( sorry , i do my best, but electricity....grrrrrr)
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

grisbi wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 6:58 pm
TEKNIK wrote:
Shimbob wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 5:34 am
Oh I see. Combine the power outs from driver, both reds to LED+, blacks to LED-. Remove J3, provide aux power to AUX pins.
I am concerned that it maybe too much current and cause a problem. The terminals are small. Please check with the illumi engineer if running the current you require through just those 2 terminals will be able to handle it
im with the engineer of illumi, hes really nice and wanna his illumi works with horticuluture grow world ( finaly)
he's assure me and say me to use the aux power and the illumi should be able to handle that.

like you say the J3 is removed and v+/V- connected to the driver with wago and now i wanna know if the aux has to be connected with the same driver output?

Ask the engineer about it, ask him if it burns out will he replace it for free. Maybe get them to make a wiring diagram for you.
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
grisbi
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

TEKNIK wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 7:13 pm
grisbi wrote:
TEKNIK wrote:

Ask the engineer about it, ask him if it burns out will he replace it for free. Maybe get them to make a wiring diagram for you.
thank you sir!
i have a video call rdv tomorow with the engineer, ill tell you everything! im gonna use 2 illumi:
one for the 48v channel nichia 2000k and 5000k97cri ( cant wait to make a delicious rise sun set program!)
one for the 29v channel 660 , 730 , uv :)
the cree xd16 3500k are in 36v :/ so they will be on a separate driver :'(
but im really happy if everything will work :)
3 drivers for 6 different dimmable spectrum ! :D
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

grisbi wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 7:25 pm
TEKNIK wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 7:13 pm
grisbi wrote:

thank you sir!
i have a video call rdv tomorow with the engineer, ill tell you everything! im gonna use 2 illumi:
one for the 48v channel nichia 2000k and 5000k97cri ( cant wait to make a delicious rise sun set program!)
one for the 29v channel 660 , 730 , uv :)
the cree xd16 3500k are in 36v :/ so they will be on a separate driver :'(
but im really happy if everything will work :)
3 drivers for 6 different dimmable spectrum ! :D
It should work great once you get it all sorted out. My advice for next time is to use 1 driver per channel and use the meshtek 0-10V system. With the 0-10V system you can control 120 drivers on one controller, 30 drivers per channel. Use inventronics dim to off drivers or ELG mean well drivers. Using the 0-10V meshtek places hardly any load on the controller and will make the overall design more efficient.
Shimbob
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

You need to provide another source of power to the AUX pins. The whole point of disconnecting J3 means the meshtek is no longer powered by the led driver, because it exceeds the 24V that the meshtek controller can handle. Find a spare wallwart power supply that creates 6 to 24V DC and connect to the aux pins. You can probably use the same wallwart to power both meshteks.
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Shimbob wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 8:40 pm
You need to provide another source of power to the AUX pins. The whole point of disconnecting J3 means the meshtek is no longer powered by the led driver, because it exceeds the 24V that the meshtek controller can handle. Find a spare wallwart power supply that creates 6 to 24V DC and connect to the aux pins. You can probably use the same wallwart to power both meshteks.
I have some converters somewhere that provide 12Vdc that can be used inline with a standard LED driver that will take up to 60Vdc input. They maybe what you can use to power up the meshtek. I will see if I can find them as I don't remember the brand. I was using them to power a fan for active cooling on a COB heatsink a few years ago. Some of the inventronics driver have 12V AUX power also that can be used for this purpose upTo 200mA @ 12vdc from memory.
I think some of the HLG600 drivers also have an AUX output too for controllers but not 100% sure on that
grisbi
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

they are hard to finnnnd!!! :'( they only sell the new model :/
Shimbob
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

HLG600 do have +5V power, but mushtek docs say minimum 6V. Worth trying to power it with that, worst case it's not enough and doesn't power up the controller. Hell, find a small 1:2 coil transformer to make 10V out of that 5V and voila.

I use the +5V to power a timer that controls the driver via the RC wires, works great.
grisbi
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Shimbob wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 11:55 pm
HLG600 do have +5V power, but mushtek docs say minimum 6V. Worth trying to power it with that, worst case it's not enough and doesn't power up the controller. Hell, find a small 1:2 coil transformer to make 10V out of that 5V and voila.

I use the +5V to power a timer that controls the driver via the RC wires, works great.
i wanted a simple solution to drive everything... and now it soo complicated, tomorow have to see th engineer,
i dont know if i will be able to do what you said(to complicated for me ^^)
if illumi dosnt work ill use manual dimming and old scool timer ^^
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

grisbi wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 1:05 am
Shimbob wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 11:55 pm

i wanted a simple solution to drive everything... and now it soo complicated, tomorow have to see th engineer,
i dont know if i will be able to do what you said(to complicated for me ^^)
if illumi dosnt work ill use manual dimming and old scool timer ^^
Take your time to get everything right. Sometimes it is difficult when using a new product. Illumi should have better instructions.