check before ordering

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
garnier
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Hello to all,

I'm planing to build another fixtures and because it's been a while since i build light last time, please check for me if it's right.

Original plan is to build two fixtures 500W-ish each. therefore HLG-480 is my choice.

Now for the diodes, I was planning to use F-series strips, but due to the cost and heat I decided that I'll try Bridgelux Vesta Series.

So for each fixture I'll get 20 strips - 560mm long.

As for cooling it down 3mm alu U-channel 60mm wide, 30mm high should do the trick.

both lights will be in the same room that mean I can run all 2700k from one driver and all 5000k from other one.

does it sound good?

should it beat two 600W that are in there now ?

cheers
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

You have 2 600W what exactly to beat?
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

garnier wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:48 am
Hello to all,

I'm planing to build another fixtures and because it's been a while since i build light last time, please check for me if it's right.

Original plan is to build two fixtures 500W-ish each. therefore HLG-480 is my choice.

Now for the diodes, I was planning to use F-series strips, but due to the cost and heat I decided that I'll try Bridgelux Vesta Series.

So for each fixture I'll get 20 strips - 560mm long.

As for cooling it down 3mm alu U-channel 60mm wide, 30mm high should do the trick.

both lights will be in the same room that mean I can run all 2700k from one driver and all 5000k from other one.

does it sound good?

should it beat two 600W that are in there now ?

cheers
Ive been using vesta's for a while, and like them a lot. I would still not buy the first gen Vesta with the second gen already released, just not in stores. Efficiency should jump from around 130/w to over 160.

Also I'd say if you plan on running Vestas @ over 40w/ strip, you better have some awesome heatsinks. For me 40w is the limit when I run both channels open, 25w if I run 2700k.

Just the wattage of your old lights does not tell me anything, cannot comment.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
garnier
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Hi I meant 2x 600W HPS

well after researching again I decided I will go for LT-FB22B G3 3000K 4ft F-Series - 10x strips for each light cool it with 60x30x3mm Alu U Channel.

Hope the Alu U channel will do the job as its really hard to get proper alu heatsinks here in europe.

cheers
HomerPepsi
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I like my 2 foot single row diode versions of the f-series a lot. They are very nice strips indeed. Congrats on your build.

I run mine on an hlg 185h c1400b at full amperage (1.4 amps) with a 2 inch wide by 0.125 inch thick aluminium flat bar heatsink. Which works, but if I did it again, I'd get channels or thicker flat bar. I tried running 6s2p at 0.7 amps but the light intensity was just not where I wanted it to be.

Good luck with your build!
garnier
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Thank you.

Will try to post some photo on there when it's finished
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

If it runs hotter then you like, just try to adjust fans so they hit it a bit more. A little air movement makes a big difference
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"