Samsung horticular linears

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Why not just order 4500K leds instead of mixing them. Doesn't make sense to me unless you are mixing a different CRI or something with a 420nm pump
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Marine2143 wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:22 am
Aloha & Is 45% 6.5K + 45% 3.5K + 10% 660 red = about 4.6K? It looks like my friend in China is the new cheap 120w wanna be Valoya?
I do find their product interesting, I mean the whole company. If origlite shipped their gear with containers, to local distribution centers so half of the cost was not delivery, I think they would sell very well.

I do doubt they have put the type of research into their spectrum that Samsung has done, I would imagine that the whole logic approaching a product would be quite different if you were looking at it as an assembler, like origlite, or as an actual base manufacturer like samsung.

I was contacted by an american team who wanted to start manufacturing lights, and had a decent budget. All I could tell them was that the way I see it, the actual tech is in the hands of a few billion dollar companies, so we would be forced to improvise from the narrow spectrum of products they put out. It's like everyone was trying to make an original burger, while selecting from two different bun types and three different sauces. Once there is 1000 players its going to turn into a freak show, where actual quality would be a very difficult card to play.

I do find the origlight to be an interesting product and company, although the spectrum hardly tickles my interest in the way that Samsungs does. Price should be quite a central factor in their design philosophy, and I'm not sure how they can carry that through to the market without a strategy that includes logistics.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

TEKNIK wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:25 am
Why not just order 4500K leds instead of mixing them. Doesn't make sense to me unless you are mixing a different CRI or something with a 420nm pump
Missed this in the morning. I totally agree that they have not really put too much thought into their product, I just like how ambitious they are for an alibaba company, and if they could get their products shipped cheaply they would be a winner in the super cheap side of the market, competing with mars hydro etc. They would even manage quite well against the lower range of 'better' white led, with their efficiency figures and minor tunability..
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

It looks like junk to me
They can't even do the math correctly the specs say 2.05 micromouls per joule.
On the video they claim 216 micromouls @120W that's 1.8 micromouls per joule.

A single luminus devices COB 3k CRI 90 will out perform this light.
They also state they have UV in the spectrum and that is more BS.
I get a little pissed with lights that make stupid claims about performance as it doesn't perform well in real life then it makes the job of guys that do sell high performance products really difficult.
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
Adam
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I had a quote on these for £20 on 160 units.

anybody want to go halfers?
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Adam wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:21 am
I had a quote on these for £20 on 160 units.

anybody want to go halfers?
Thats 1 $ per strip more then digikey quoted me :D the MOQ should be 120pcs, if that helps you find a purchasing buddy
Adam
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Yep digikey is a bit cheaper And only a 5 week lead time, apparently. :lol:
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

"only" 5 weeks? :lol: