Cannon Fodder

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
Frank Cannon
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

OG, I just choked on my morning coffee, you're picking up the dialect nicely!!

The Colonel is hell busy with finishing Highlights, work and family, he'll be along soon enough....
Frank Cannon
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

@Or_Gro and @Randomblame so as not to clog up Lordvaders threads any more than I do already I'll post my question here for you.

I note your discussions re LST and effective ways to add heat, as you will have seen my day temp is only getting to 21C and nights 12Cish. To add an oil heater to the tent wont help much as air is exhausted back into the shed so effectively I would be trying to heat half of the Southern Alps....

So options to add higher LSTs?

Ceramic IR?
Incandescents?
QB 96s as under canopy light?

They are growing great guns but I suspect yield will be affected due to the cool temps which is a bit of bummer for testing PCs boards so I'd like to help them out a bit until the return of spring.
FC
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Can you turn down your exhaust fan, that's what people do in the colder months normally
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
Frank Cannon
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Negative ghostrider, humidity is off the charts with all the rain currently, so am worried about rot later on..
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Will a dehumidifier help? I am not sure how much they can draw from the air but in a sealed room they should do ok
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
Or_Gro
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Frank Cannon wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:51 am
@Or_Gro and @Randomblame so as not to clog up Lordvaders threads any more than I do already I'll post my question here for you.

I note your discussions re LST and effective ways to add heat, as you will have seen my day temp is only getting to 21C and nights 12Cish. To add an oil heater to the tent wont help much as air is exhausted back into the shed so effectively I would be trying to heat half of the Southern Alps....

So options to add higher LSTs?

Ceramic IR?
Incandescents?
QB 96s as under canopy light?

They are growing great guns but I suspect yield will be affected due to the cool temps which is a bit of bummer for testing PCs boards so I'd like to help them out a bit until the return of spring.
FC
If you need the heat, all three could help.

The incandescent has far red in it, but does the job for me. I’ll be trying out a ceramic ir bulb in the mama tent this coming week to avoid the far red. But if I didn’t have that option i’d risk the far red...especially since the red/deep red in the main lights should do some emerson effect and tone down the shade avoidance effect somewhat.

Is it possible to insulate the walls of your tent? If so, that might help by itself, and could help you add a heater in the tent w/o melting the southern polar ice cap....
Or_Gro
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

TEKNIK wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:22 am
Will a dehumidifier help? I am not sure how much they can draw from the air but in a sealed room they should do ok
Pretty soon he’d be like me, running a/c, heater, humidifier, dehumidifier simultaneously....lol

The shit we do for reef...
Frank Cannon
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Lol, if you have seen how much my grow tent has changed since I started listening to you 3..... your comment is not so far off the mark.

The tent is in a shed which complicates things a bit as air exchange compromises anything I do inside tent.

OG has mentioned a dehumidifier previously which maybe I should consider in conjunction with reduced turnover as a dehudifier should increase temps a bit....

I'll see what Gman thinks as well while OveRkill trys his ceramicy thing out
Or_Gro
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Frank Cannon wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:56 am
Lol, if you have seen how much my grow tent has changed since I started listening to you 3..... your comment is not so far off the mark.

The tent is in a shed which complicates things a bit as air exchange compromises anything I do inside tent.

OG has mentioned a dehumidifier previously which maybe I should consider in conjunction with reduced turnover as a dehudifier should increase temps a bit....

I'll see what Gman thinks as well while OveRkill trys his ceramicy thing out
Also think about styrofoam sheet insulation, dude. I know you can figure out how to do it. Would turn your tent into a room...temp & humidity wise...might still need the humid/dehumid, but would be easier to control.

Or better yet, build a room inside the shed....i know, you might have to buy her some malt liquor next time....
Frank Cannon
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

At least I wouldn't be building F##%ing lights for a change!

Styrofoam sheeting would limit access too much unless the sheets were removable. The real problem is the ambient air outside (temp and humidity).

Maybe I should bung 4 those QB96s underneath the scrog net to give Lightlord a run for his money in energy consumption :D