UV module build

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I guess it will get hot or produce some sort of heat if its working, dont look at it with a naked eye.
Stick a multi meter inline to see the current draw
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Any idea on how to minimize risks of static electricity while working on the UV diodes?
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I wouldn't stress about it, it's just an LED.
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
Randomblame
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:47 am
Any idea on how to minimize risks of static electricity while working on the UV diodes?
It's best you ground yourself before you start working with electronic parts like grafic cards, cpu's, RAM or LED's! There are for instance bracelets with spiral cables. They are often worn during the assembly of PCs. The other end of the cable is just conected to the ground.
But its also sufficient if you touch the ground contact in a socket before you start working. This way you can easily remove any static electricity in your body.

Digikey has unfortunaly only the Seoulviosys diodes in 285nm currently with no PCB's. I would rather prefer not to solder them myself on the PCB's. ~20€ per diode makes it an expensive try and I can not regulate the temps and ramp up times exactly in my kitchen oven.
Seems I need to find them elsewhere.. Digikey has them listed but 0 in stock and there is not mentioned if they get them sometime. Maybe I should ask Mark/cutter.com.au; possible he has them already..
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Randomblame wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:08 am
unkle_psycho wrote:
It's best you ground yourself before you start working with electronic parts like grafic cards, cpu's, RAM or LED's! There are for instance bracelets with spiral cables. They are often worn during the assembly of PCs. The other end of the cable is just conected to the ground.
But its also sufficient if you touch the ground contact in a socket before you start working. This way you can easily remove any static electricity in your body.

Digikey has unfortunaly only the Seoulviosys diodes in 285nm currently with no PCB's. I would rather prefer not to solder them myself on the PCB's. ~20€ per diode makes it an expensive try and I can not regulate the temps and ramp up times exactly in my kitchen oven.
Seems I need to find them elsewhere.. Digikey has them listed but 0 in stock and there is not mentioned if they get them sometime. Maybe I should ask Mark/cutter.com.au; possible he has them already..
Thanks, I know some hippies and sport people who ground themselves while sleeping, so I got the idea, I'll make myself a grounding cable for future use.

The diodes I used also come in a 8mw version, already on a starboard. I just ordered before I understood my needs. I think it was about 15e.
Randomblame
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:56 pm
Randomblame wrote:
unkle_psycho wrote:

Thanks, I know some hippies and sport people who ground themselves while sleeping, so I got the idea, I'll make myself a grounding cable for future use.

The diodes I used also come in a 8mw version, already on a starboard. I just ordered before I understood my needs. I think it was about 15e.
8mW would be in the same range like the Seoulviosys(10mW@100mA). I've also seen interesting chips from alibaba..
6 of the 8mw chips would be close enough to 50mW, so 2-3h would still be sufficient.
Unfortunately I've a lot of other things to do in the mo and have to finish at first my current HL-board fixtures. So it has some time and with a little luck I can find the Seoulv. chips elsewhere.
Maybe I'll send them an email and ask for official resellers.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Randomblame wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:32 pm
unkle_psycho wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:56 pm
Randomblame wrote:

8mW would be in the same range like the Seoulviosys(10mW@100mA). I've also seen interesting chips from alibaba..
6 of the 8mw chips would be close enough to 50mW, so 2-3h would still be sufficient.
Unfortunately I've a lot of other things to do in the mo and have to finish at first my current HL-board fixtures. So it has some time and with a little luck I can find the Seoulv. chips elsewhere.
Maybe I'll send them an email and ask for official resellers.
Did you see the 55mw chip cutter had an add for on their front page? I'm not really sure why you want the job done so quick if it can be done slow and cheap :D I might just run these 24/7 at first and see what happens.

Just received 65 3500k and 30 5000k 2ft EB2 strips that are going mostly into side lighting in a 3x4x8ft and a 3x3x8ft space.