where are the nichia optisolis growers?

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
overdriver
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Im really surprised that I haven't found a single grow report with those LED lights...
To me the seem fucking perfect for growing. Am I missing something very obvious that disqualifies them as a grow light?

kind regards
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

There are a few optisolis growers around but they don't seem to show them off so much.

There are 2 types of optisolis, the 5000K has a 420nm pump
The 3000K has a 440nm pump
They are very different spectrums, Prawns boards use the 2700K optisolis and quite a few people got those to try.

Efficacy is lower with optisolis but what really turns people off is the price as they are more than 3X the price of standard cri80 LED's
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
grisbi
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

i feel so ashamed guyz, i have everything but no time to build up!!! i take 2 days off just for that next weekend... so frustrating
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I've been wanting to get some for a while, I think the price could be reduced by adding a little 80cri as 'empty calories' in the build, since the 5000k optisolis has a dip at 450nm
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I'm hoping to reduce the price significantly with the special chips I am having made, not only reduce the price but improve efficiency at the same time. So far things seem to be working as planned, I have been a bit too busy lately to focus on a final solution but from the bit of time I did spend on it results were pretty much as I expected and did what I intended it to do
overdriver
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

@Teknik do you run a online shop?
I know optisolis are a bit more expensive but the 3000k spectrum seems to not need any extra supplemental 640,660 and 730nm red. Those extra reds would drive a 80cri led panel pretty much in same price region wouldn't it?
Does anyone know the spectrum of the 2700k optisolis? Couldn't find anything online.
Prawn Connery
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Does this work for you?

Prawn Connery
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Here's what the 2700K Optis look like mixed with 2700K V3-F1 and 6500K Sunlikes on our boards.
Production Board.png
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

overdriver wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:17 am
@Teknik do you run a online shop?
I know optisolis are a bit more expensive but the 3000k spectrum seems to not need any extra supplemental 640,660 and 730nm red. Those extra reds would drive a 80cri led panel pretty much in same price region wouldn't it?
Does anyone know the spectrum of the 2700k optisolis? Couldn't find anything online.
Sorry, i do not have an online store. I have a spectrum test somewhere of a COB from Nichia with the same spectrum as 2700k optisolis.
The 3000k optisolis is a really nice growth spectrum that does hit the peaks, phosphor converted LEDs are alot smoother than running monos and you get a bit of 680nm also which I belive is important.
The problem is efficiency as phosphor conversion is around 30% less efficient than running normal CRI80 and monos.
Over time efficiency will improve but so will everything else so it will still always be around 30% less efficient using phosphor conversion.
I personally do not think the way PAR is measured is all that accurate for plants and I would prefer a broad spectrum rather than a spectrum of huge peaks, the reason for this is I think different colors feed off each other throughout the entire spectrum.
More research is required to determine if I am right or not but I have convinced myself that I am.
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

PC RED.png
PC RED.png (11.72 KiB) Viewed 2593 times
This is a color I had developed to create a really broad spectrum of red. I supply Cutter with these in a 5050 package, I have seen they recently placed them on star boards, a few of these spread around your room will add that really nice red and you also get alot of 730nm in there also.
I do not reccomend they be run over 2W each, they are good bang for buck though