Meanwell HLG-600H-54AB driver problem

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
brucealmighty
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

So I finely finished my closet build , 4-[qb 288 v2 Rspec with heat sinks] wired in parallel to a Meanwell HLG-600H-54AB driver. First thing I did was adjust the Vo adj. [built in pot] I set it to 50. vdc ( I believe that is what the boards are rated for) . the driver is plugged into a [kill-a-watt] meter set to watts and I have my fluke connected to the output wires to measure volts. When I try to adjust the Io adj. [built in pot] my watts will only adjust from 231 watts to 288 watts there is no dimming except by turning down the voltage (Vo adj.) and if I hook up the white and blue dimmer wires to a 100 Ohm Linear Taper Wire-Wound Potentiometer it shuts the lights off no matter how I adjust the pot. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.
I have been playing around with it and found that if I turn the Vo pot all the way up (51.7vdc) and back it down till it starts to dim, I can adjust the watts (Io adj) from 231 to 642 and it dims the lights. I quess this is the way it is suppose to work. I think there is a video showing how to adjust the A Type drivers (A link would be appreciated) Is there an easier, safer way to dim than the built in factory potentiometer? I was really hopping to set the Vo adj. and Io adj. one time, and use the 100 Ohm linear taper pot after that.
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Best way is to buy a 1-10V pot to do your dimming adjustment.
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
brucealmighty
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

It looks like I bought the wrong potemameter will order 1-10v right now. Thank you very much. YOU GUYS ROCK!
Sinfor
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

You need a 100k ohm potentiometer, not 100 ohm
brucealmighty
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I'm not sure what I bought at this point with the pot. turned down I get 0.3 ohm's. Turned up I get 104.3 ohm's. is this the wrong pot?
Attachments
100_0559.JPG
100_0551.JPG
brucealmighty
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I just went thru my records and Yes I ordered a 100 ohm pot instead of a 100k ohm pot. My BAD!!! I will order a new 100k ohm pot, how many watts should it be rated for? The one I'm looking at is 1/2 watt. Thanks
TacticGuy
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

brucealmighty wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:29 pm
I just went thru my records and Yes I ordered a 100 ohm pot instead of a 100k ohm pot. My BAD!!! I will order a new 100k ohm pot, how many watts should it be rated for? The one I'm looking at is 1/2 watt. Thanks
A comment from LEDG on one of his youtube vids says as follows:
"the power on the dimmer circuit is very very low. It works out to .0001 Watts (100uA*10V)"
:ugeek: