I'd like to mix some Ir/uv-a

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
Cannadaled
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

They have most of the jargon right, but no actual data, let alone peer-reviewed research to point at. Without the numbers it's merely a hypothesis (at least the Emerson effect has actually been proven.) Or in other words still, their salesmanship is artful, but you're buying a cat in a sack.
Ted
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

adam_leblanc123 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:37 pm
https://www.rapidled.com/4-photo-far-re ... t-led-kit/

Or is it snake oil?
The far red effect on photosynthesis and how much you would need to make a difference is debatable, but using them as a flower initiator is not. It does depend on the strain, but Ive had no problem initiating flowering with a 13.5/10.5 light cycle. At the end of the day, more light is better than less light.
Grower
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

I thought about adding UV light too but the chepest way by now is getting some T5 uv I think, at least u get both uva and uvb.
Leds are pricy
Shkronis
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Ditch that IR idea and get deep red and far red instead.
Shkronis
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

adam_leblanc123 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:37 pm
https://www.rapidled.com/4-photo-far-re ... t-led-kit/

Or is it snake oil?
Nope, Mike has been well known in saltwater reef community - his stuff are legit, not the highest bins, but prices are very good and customer service is on top.
I will be getting this kits without heat sink to supplement my strips