Hlg driver dimming on its own

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
Ohlol
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hey guys been running pacific light concepts and hlg drivers for almost 6 months. Been great so far.

Just realised today that 1 of 4 fixtures is flickering. I've plugged in awattage meter like a kill a watt and can see it drop from 100% 320w to 290w and back to 100% then some times it will drop down to 206w about 60% or so.

I do have pots for dimming so not sure if it could be something to do with that? I've checked all wiring and all seems ok so I dont think it's a loose connection.

Is it just the driver dying?
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Dimming pots can often cause problems, try to unplug them and see what happens, the flickering is more of a concern. Check all your connections and make sure nothing is shorting.
It doesn't sound like the driver is failing not to say that it isn't but usually they fail differently
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
Ohlol
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Thanks for the reply.

I'll cut off the pot when lights go on in 1.5 hours and see if it's still doing it.
Ohlol
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Turns out one of the pot poles wasnt soldered well. Broke off just as I was about to cut it.
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Did it fix the problem?
Find me on Instagram led_teknik