Looking for confirmation on wiring

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
RadRiverOtter
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I am in the process of building a (10)BXEB gen 3 590mm array with additional starboards to modify the spectrum. I noticed that the BXEB strip pcb's have 2 lengthwise circuits. Am I correct in assuming that I can hook them end to end and still maintain a parallel circuit? And handle the passthrough load?

All of the parallel wiring diagrams I have seen show individual leads to each strip. Is this necessary?

I am using a meanwell HLG-280h-24b driver. Here is (very rough) sketch of what I am talking about.
Project - Drawing 1.jpeg
Project - Drawing 1.jpeg (24.83 KiB) Viewed 2583 times
Thanks in advance.
Swamp botanist by day... Bedroom botanist by night.
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

That should be fine, it's good they have the connectors both ends. Voltage drop can occur with parallel connections but your set up won't be an issue
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
RadRiverOtter
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

TEKNIK wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:32 am
That should be fine, it's good they have the connectors both ends. Voltage drop can occur with parallel connections but your set up won't be an issue

Thanks for the confirmation. These fiberglass pcb's feel really cheap.
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

They are cheap, it's one of the reasons why bridgelux strips are so cheap, aluminum costs more than FR4
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
Capt. Saicin
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

RadRiverOtter wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:35 pm
These fiberglass pcb's feel really cheap.
Yes! Don't screw em too tightly. Mine stopped working after tightening a screw too tightly, and resumed after losening it :D
RadRiverOtter
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Capt. Saicin wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:03 pm
RadRiverOtter wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:35 pm
These fiberglass pcb's feel really cheap.
Yes! Don't screw em too tightly. Mine stopped working after tightening a screw too tightly, and resumed after losening it :D
I'm hoping to get away with holding them on with just the thermal tape.
HomerPepsi
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Thermal tape should suffice. I've taken mine off the heatsink using a razor and 99% isopropyl alcohol. The tape stays sticky and for the 6 I've replaced, are still sticking very strongly after 6 months
the Falcon
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I wired a set going through them and had to redo it as the first strip was brighter and was getting hotter. I switched to like the graphic you showed and then it appeared even and temps also seemed the same. It was Gen 3 slim strips.