Drivers, LEDs and tents, OH MY!

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
warriormom72
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

i ended up going with 2x QB288 V2--no Rspec, Oddly enough they are no longer listed on the website so i suspect i may have gotten the last 2. i am going to run each board off of an XLG-150-H-A. This gives me the most bang for my buck, as i can run each of them at around 2800mA and should be able to get 150w each ( i edited this once i grasped concept of 'Contstant Power.' What a great idea!) out of them with separate drivers and can easily swap one or both of those drivers over to a BSpec board next veg. This is also a pretty easy setup to duplicate before my next flower period, or i may add a few red strips in there.
Last edited by warriormom72 on Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
warriormom72
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

TEKNIK wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:00 am
Unfortunately the $29 boards are all gone as that would be my first recommendation.

QB96s would be my next recommendation but they are also sold out.
Is it possible for you to wait a little for the qb96s to come back in stock?
No, i can't wait, and i wish i could. i looked at getting just the QB96 boards, but i couldn't find a suitable heatsink option. They require a very specific splayed pin heatsink. I'm about 18-25 days from flipping to flower so i just couldn't really risk waiting. I really wanted to make a decision and get everything ordered because i was having serious anxiety thinking i everything was going to sell out and i would just end up back at square one and have to by the Mars-Hydro TSW2000. i'm pretty sure it's a good light. but i didn't want to be mad about having to shell out $300 for that light when i could spend less on building something better.
i will be keeping my eye on the QB96s for the future though.
warriormom72
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

oh, but while we are all still in this discussion, can anyone link to the screws i need to mount these boards? i have found so much mixed information and i can't seem to find a specific legit answer. m3 screws. but how long? and i will get nylon washers out of fear, so how long do the screws now need to be? or should i get m3 nuts and bolts? DIY is awesome because there are so many options, but damn, my brain is twisted up.
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

4mm M3 screws are long enough, you could use 5mm with the washers. Make sure you dont do them too tight thats all.
I know the company that makes those heatsinks for the QB96s in China but they won't bother with an order for a few pieces.
Have you tried calling HLG to see when they will have stock? They must have been busy the past few months as they are out of alot of things. I am sure they will have a few heatsinks for the QB96s left.
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
warriormom72
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

i am so glad i didn't wait. HLG has discontinued the V2. i literally bought the last two. i'm a lucky gal, i reckon. now i just have to figure out if it's gonna be weird to have 2 rspecs and 2 v2s when i double up before my next grow. :?