Where to Buy Parts

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Let's use this thread to share our sources for all the various components. If you post below, I'll continue to update this first post with a running list of all the suggestions. I have a feeling most of the suggestions will be North American vendors, but if we do get some other international sources, I can color-code the text or something. Thanks for your input!

For starters, a good website to find the lowest price on parts is Octopart. Here are some other sources for common parts - some will be listed by Octo, others will not. All of the Amazon links use the ledgardener affiliate link so everything purchased from Amazon after clicking those links will net the website a little commission and all proceeds will go towards putting out more content.

North American companies are in red

Asian companies are in green

European companies are in blue

COBS

Bridgelux Vero
Citizen CLU-XXX
Cree CXB

MID-POWER LED

Bridgelux EB Strips (Gen 2)
HLG Quantum Boards
ChilLED Boards
Samsung H Series LM561C Strips
Samsung F Series LM561C Strips
Samsung Q Series LM301B Strips

DRIVERS

Mean Well

HEAT SINKS

Pin-Fin

MISC (tools, wire, connectors, etc.)
Wago Lever Nuts
Waterproof Power Connector
18 Gauge Single-Conductor Wire
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

As I've already mentioned before, a fantastic meta-search tool is Octopart.

Two other big suppliers are Mouser (classify under: Drivers) and KingBrite (classify under: COBs, heatsinks, etc.). N.B.: Octopart doesn't search Alibaba, which is often the cheapest source. KingBrite, as well as other reputable Alibaba suppliers, doesn't display the real price online - you have to write them to get a quote. (That way you get to pay less on customs.) DigiKey, currently classified only for Samsung's LM561c, also stocks pretty much everything (COBs, heatsinks, reflectors).
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

what about http://www.micromark.com/ for misc/tools? Like I mentioned in my screw/bit/tap post... I found a lot of tools and misc I could use for any build on there. And being a total noob at this I don't have a lot of tools to start off with. Just wonder what shipping outside the "lower 48" would be :( that might kill it for our friends north of the boarder or across the pond.
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

site for cheap extruded heat sinks http://www.heatsinkusa.com/
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Cool. This is shaping up.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I keep forgetting to add Cutter electronics http://www.cutter.com.au/categories.php

Timber has some cob kits if you want to build your own frame also http://timbergrowlights.com/
Grower
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

May I ask you to add where the shop is located?
Maybe not very significant/useful but what I mean is that for people in the EU (or just outside the US) it is hard to find the parts we need.
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

that would be helpful for a good number of people here. for US based I know HLG ships out of Ohio... ChilLED is out of Washington or Oregon.. I think rapidLED is California based. cobkits.com is also California.

Cutter electronics is based in Australia.
Grower
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Citizen cobs source in europe @http://stores.ebay.com/Export-Estonia
bvolt
Forum's First Member!
Forum's First Member!
Reactions:

Do these places in the US not ship to EU? Is it direct shipments from manufacturers/distributors that can't be made, or is it the products themselves that just can't be exported? I'm sure if you wanted something badly enough, you could get someone to receive and then ship internationally (if its legal).

I know if someone made/paid-for all the arrangements, I'd receive something and drop it in the mail.
You might wanna double-check anything you've read here...