Anyone know about LUXEON sunplus 2835 line?

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
GARDENFIRELED
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

TEKNIK wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:29 pm
PeteR_1 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:41 pm
TEKNIK wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:28 am
The sunplus 2835s do not use the most efficient chips. They have nice colours but will be poor efficiency
These LEDs would work for my use / application supplementing White LED strips, even being less efficient, especially since they are more readily available at my location (US).

Cutter had some PC Red Strips, but they are no longer listed. 560 mm PC Red strips on a separate Dimmable channel / Driver could be an extremely useful supplement for existing fixtures.

BTW, this is my idea of the “Ultimate” supplement for my application...

Buddies are available in PC red. They are cheap and come in at about 2 micromouls per joule.
Because of the optics on Buddies it makes them much better for suppliment strips as they blend better into normal white strips or boards.

https://growlightsaustralia.com/product/buddies/

Im working on a blue version of the Buddies also that will fill in the area you want and a bit more.
Efficiency will be good and price will be good too. Its just been an extremely difficult year to organise these things. It will be worth the wait and probably about 8 weeks off being in stock.
Mate you are such a conman lol

I've seen your buddies on AliExpress sold as decorative lighting the form factor isn't original

And only you claim that your diodes are anything special

No trusted brand value to back your claims and your "tests" are not independently verified

Even your pals over at cutter got different results

Plus if you are so busy making new amazing products how do U have time to sprook on every single thread of every single forum?

those who know anything about LEDs see right through you and your cloud of bullshit vapour

Oh, and the next time U bang on about having been to the biggest led factory in the world keep in mind that in Chinese culture truth is only for the family , I know this because I actually grew up in China not just visited once and claim to know it all

White boys don't good deals from China
You get baited and fuct

So while U may have tested a few of Ur diodes there is absolutely no guarantee for any of your customers that the ones they get in the final product will be as good as those

But ofcourse if anyone tested Ur buddies with a par meter other than U and cutter I'd love to hear about it
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

GARDENFIRELED wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:03 am
TEKNIK wrote:
PeteR_1 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:41 pm

These LEDs would work for my use / application supplementing White LED strips, even being less efficient, especially since they are more readily available at my location (US).

Cutter had some PC Red Strips, but they are no longer listed. 560 mm PC Red strips on a separate Dimmable channel / Driver could be an extremely useful supplement for existing fixtures.

BTW, this is my idea of the “Ultimate” supplement for my application...

Buddies are available in PC red. They are cheap and come in at about 2 micromouls per joule.
Because of the optics on Buddies it makes them much better for suppliment strips as they blend better into normal white strips or boards.

Im working on a blue version of the Buddies also that will fill in the area you want and a bit more.
Efficiency will be good and price will be good too. Its just been an extremely difficult year to organise these things. It will be worth the wait and probably about 8 weeks off being in stock.

I've seen your buddies on AliExpress sold as decorative lighting the form factor isn't original

No trusted brand value to back your claims and your "tests" are not independently verified

Plus if you are so busy making new amazing products how do U have time to sprook on every single thread of every single forum?

those who know anything about LEDs see right through you and your cloud of bullshit vapour

Oh, and the next time U bang on about having been to the biggest led factory in the world keep in mind that in Chinese culture truth is only for the family , I know this because I actually grew up in China not just visited once and claim to know it all

You get baited and fuct

So while U may have tested a few of Ur diodes there is absolutely no guarantee for any of your customers that the ones they get in the final product will be as good as those

But ofcourse if anyone tested Ur buddies with a par meter other than U and cutter I'd love to hear about it
While I could just delete this as I am a mod here I think its best just to let you have your rant and say what you have to say.
You are 100% correct, I did not develop the mold I used for Buddies, I deal in many aspects of lighting, architectural, theatre, shop lighting ect. I also deal with signage. The optics used in signage is pretty high tech and the set up i found for the optics and mold that I used on the Buddies was about perfect for what I wanted to do. I had the top mold branded and had my own pcb made to mount the chips and set the system up the way i wanted.
This saved me alot of money on mold fees, I didnt see a reason to redevelop something that was already the way i wanted it to be, it helps make the costs cheaper to the consumer too because I didnt have this added cost.

You are also 100% correct when saying white boys/ westerners get screwed over when dealing with China. They see us coming a mile off and price increases dramatically. 15 years ago when I started doing this stuff I was ripped hard. But I still made some money and now I own some very expensive and advanced equipment to do my own testing which has given me control over who gets fkd. My suppliers know I check everything so not alot they can get away with.

I welcome and encourage certified labs to test against my tests. I am more than happy to have my tests checked and I want them to be checked. Feel free to pay a lab to recheck my work whenever you can.

While I cant remember if I was in china 6 or 7 times last year feel free to contact your Chinese family members to check my visa to verify how many times I have been to China. I cant personally remember and I dont particularly like going there.
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
PeteR_1
LED Tinker
LED Tinker
Reactions:

@GARDENFIRELED
This is a "Preliminary Datasheet" ;) for my proposed SunPlus 2835 Supplemental LED Strip, (Yes, that's a Samsung PCB).
Material cost per 560 mm strip for the prototypes (3) will only be ~ $7.00 (US) each...

Proposed Luxeon SunPlus 560 mm Linear Strip
Proposed Luxeon SunPlus 560 mm Linear Strip
Luxeon SunPlus Purple SPD Chart overlay
Luxeon SunPlus Purple SPD Chart overlay

Do you have any info on a readily available 420 nm LED in 2835 package?
Luxeon make a 420nm discrete LED but not in 2835...
Luxeon Color-Line LED SPD Chart
Luxeon Color-Line LED SPD Chart

Luxeon Color-Line Datasheet... https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/602/ ... 844961.pdf

Commercially SunPlus LED Strips from; https://eng.e-neon.ru/
Commercial SunPlus 3535 LED Strips... https://e-neon.ru/catalog_files/pdf2/neo-l-18l3535.pdf
Commercial Sunplus 2835 LED Strips... https://eng.e-neon.ru/catalog_files/pdf ... 35-280.pdf
PeteR_1
LED Tinker
LED Tinker
Reactions:

Initial testing will be performed next week on these DIY Lumileds SunPlus Purple 2.5%, 2835 Strips...

DIY Luxeon SunPlus 2835 - 32 LED Strips
DIY Luxeon SunPlus 2835 - 32 LED Strips

They will be compared to the Commercially available strips from; https://eng.e-neon.ru/
Commercial Sunplus 2835 LED Strips... https://eng.e-neon.ru/catalog_files/pdf ... 35-280.pdf

Commercially Available Lumileds SunPlus 2835 Strips
Commercially Available Lumileds SunPlus 2835 Strips
GARDENFIRELED
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

PeteR_1 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:07 am
Initial testing will be performed next week on these DIY Lumileds SunPlus Purple 2.5%, 2835 Strips...

DIY Luxeon SunPlus 2835 - 32 LED Strips.jpg

They will be compared to the Commercially available strips from; https://eng.e-neon.ru/

Lumileds Hort 2835 LEDs_Purple-2%.png
Looking sleek!

May I ask where U got them made? Stevesled?
Decent price too
GARDENFIRELED
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

TEKNIK wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:16 pm
GARDENFIRELED wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:03 am
TEKNIK wrote:

You get baited and fuct

While I could just delete this as I am a mod here I think its best just to let you have your rant and say what you have to say.
You are 100% correct, I did not develop the mold I used for Buddies, I deal in many aspects of lighting, architectural, theatre, shop lighting ect. I also deal with signage. The optics used in signage is pretty high tech and the set up i found for the optics and mold that I used on the Buddies was about perfect for what I wanted to do. I had the top mold branded and had my own pcb made to mount the chips and set the system up the way i wanted.
This saved me alot of money on mold fees, I didnt see a reason to redevelop something that was already the way i wanted it to be, it helps make the costs cheaper to the consumer too because I didnt have this added cost.

You are also 100% correct when saying white boys/ westerners get screwed over when dealing with China. They see us coming a mile off and price increases dramatically. 15 years ago when I started doing this stuff I was ripped hard. But I still made some money and now I own some very expensive and advanced equipment to do my own testing which has given me control over who gets fkd. My suppliers know I check everything so not alot they can get away with.

I welcome and encourage certified labs to test against my tests. I am more than happy to have my tests checked and I want them to be checked. Feel free to pay a lab to recheck my work whenever you can.

While I cant remember if I was in china 6 or 7 times last year feel free to contact your Chinese family members to check my visa to verify how many times I have been to China. I cant personally remember and I dont particularly like going there.
Nice flex about being a mod mate, how cool it must be to have that power, you impress me

I think most ppl would rather let reputable companies like cree do testing, and trust those results over " new skid on the jock"
Coz ur tests of the cree reds have way better results than crees data sheets, which doesn't make too much sence seen as they are priced by bin, you'd think cree would advertise those numbers instead of what they got in Thier tests

And ur tests on ur own products are also very high, perhaps you are the only one doing testing properly and cree should ask U for help seen as it can increase Thier bottom line? Lol

Your comment about having independent tests done on someone else's dime(in this case also trying to flex ur wealthier than I ) is a pathetic excuse for transparency.
You should be getting your products independently tested, it's your brand on the line not mine lol

And then U assume I'm Chinese, and make a racist comment hahahahahaha

And all this while wearing your brand's uniform in public?!?

Hahahahahaha what a joke
PeteR_1
LED Tinker
LED Tinker
Reactions:

GARDENFIRELED wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:40 pm
Looking sleek!

May I ask where U got them made? Stevesled?
Decent price too
Thanks, I agree that they 'Look Sleek' ;) , the output also blends well with the White LED's.
They were my DIY project, the full build and materials list was posted in the Strips Forum... viewtopic.php?f=32&t=5885

Greenmadness
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

@GARDENFIRELED
Man those are some rough words. Instead of trashing someone who a lot of people consider a subject matter expert. Why don’t you tell us your qualifications to make these remarks? I’m very curious as you seem to know a lot but you will have to let everyone in on your qualifications to take anything you say seriously...
GARDENFIRELED
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Greenmadness wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:45 am
@GARDENFIRELED
Man those are some rough words. Instead of trashing someone who a lot of people consider a subject matter expert. Why don’t you tell us your qualifications to make these remarks? I’m very curious as you seem to know a lot but you will have to let everyone in on your qualifications to take anything you say seriously...
I go by the handle dion

You can find all my qualifications by googling that name and LED FAQ

No doubt he is an expert and I see he helps many ppl

But he has built and is using that reputation to pedal snake oils

You shouldn't take me seriously

Buy some buddies and do a par test
Even just a couple of tests with similar results from around the world from a few production batches and I will concede

So far no one is checking his work because he has built trust as an expert

Quantum sensors can be bought cheaply or rented
No reason we don't see his data claims verified

No reason he won't have an independent lab test them

Unless there is something he doesn't want anyone to know 🤣
Greenmadness
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

GARDENFIRELED wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:06 pm
Greenmadness wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:45 am
@GARDENFIRELED
I go by the handle dion

You can find all my qualifications by googling that name and LED FAQ

No doubt he is an expert and I see he helps many ppl

But he has built and is using that reputation to pedal snake oils

You shouldn't take me seriously

Buy some buddies and do a par test
Even just a couple of tests with similar results from around the world from a few production batches and I will concede

So far no one is checking his work because he has built trust as an expert

Quantum sensors can be bought cheaply or rented
No reason we don't see his data claims verified

No reason he won't have an independent lab test them

Unless there is something he doesn't want anyone to know 🤣
So what I find is about 5 years old. Your almost deflecting, I don’t have time to go digging around to find some information on you. Why don’t you give us credible information, like what qualifies you? Teknik doesn’t need anyone to defend him, but he has helped a lot of people including me. Plus he works with a few companies that would not do business with a less then stellar person. But I’m all for proving me wrong...
Also why don’t you do the tests since most people don’t have the time, or are to lazy? Would go along way to proving your point

Edit:
Let me clarify, because I’m actually interested, do you develop leds? Do you do research at any university in leds? Do you hold any degrees relating to the field? Other then helping people build lights, got anything else? Qualifications matter to some of us. I have asked academics about lighting questions that teknik was easily able to explain in laymen’s terms. Nothing personal but give us your qualifications and psychical evidence that the other person is wrong before you put someone else down.