660nm Showdown

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I get that, I'm happy to help people and give information but at the same time this business is my income and my children need my income to survive.
If I gave away all the information I have then it would put me and my children out on the streets. The result for you guys would be a lack of innovation as it does cost alot of money to innovate. The typical Chinese knock off company doesn't spend much at all on innovation as they are happy just to copy a design that the round eyes make and not even bother testing it properly before they sell it.

I have alot of innovative horticultural products in my mind and I have done for years. I have not made many of them as they would be copied the moment I make them. Because of the low profit margin in horticultural lighting patents don't really work too well either.
Something new is coming soon that will be copied. It won't be as good as mine but it will be copied all the same as the world is far too small now and no-one cares about the innovator too much just their pockets.
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
end_of_the_tunnel
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

TEKNIK wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:25 pm
I get that, I'm happy to help people and give information but at the same time this business is my income and my children need my income to survive.
If I gave away all the information I have then it would put me and my children out on the streets. The result for you guys would be a lack of innovation as it does cost alot of money to innovate. The typical Chinese knock off company doesn't spend much at all on innovation as they are happy just to copy a design that the round eyes make and not even bother testing it properly before they sell it.

I have alot of innovative horticultural products in my mind and I have done for years. I have not made many of them as they would be copied the moment I make them. Because of the low profit margin in horticultural lighting patents don't really work too well either.
Something new is coming soon that will be copied. It won't be as good as mine but it will be copied all the same as the world is far too small now and no-one cares about the innovator too much just their pockets.
I guess, if you developed a brand then a following would develop with it too. And then the brand loyalty would kick in.
Something new? The Buddie? Heard mention of it on rollitup. Apparently you have some testers on another secret forum.

As for copying, some have a well established practice of taking and producing substandard clones. Disgusting.

My bone of contention is that there are Western companies that rape consumers by basing prices on what the customer will take. And then grumble about substandard clones eating into their market share. There is an element of greed at work in the led horticultural sphere.
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Every industry has different levels and practical clones
Look at washing machines for example.
You can buy a cheap one or an expensive one
They all wash clothes though right?
Dishwashers same deal.
Car parts and cars. Same thing
It's knowing what makes products different to each other that makes the difference in price.
I can tell you that I can pay $25 for a pcb or I can pay $4 for a pcb. Both have the exact same specifications.
Why would I use the $25 one if I could save some money and pass that onto the customer? Using the $4 pcb would save an entire $19 and that's alot of money for some.

I can tell you that I would be using the $25 to make products for people as I am not interested in competing with the cheap and nasty products, it's the details that people do not understand that makes my products different.
This is where trust and reputation come into play. If people know and trust you they will spend that extra money and be happy to pay more.
Some people just want to save money and that ok also.

I am one of those people that buy the cheap washing machine as I don't know or care about how a washing machine works and just want my clothes washed, the same thing happens with lighting, people are happy if it works and that's fine.

There are products out that that are absolutely too expensive and rely on marketing, black dog is one that comes to mind. That is over the top and not only a rip off but is actually worse than using a HPS.
psyweed
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hey guys, quick question an soone replied me and this seems the right topic.

For clones or Mother plants in VEG phase does 660nm make sense to use comparing to White only 4000k?

thanks ;)
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

It really depends on you. 4000k is a good veg spectrum as it keeps nodes closer.
People I deal with love to veg with cri95 4000k and that has a decent red content.
Strains can react differently to the red too.
Try it and see if you are happy.
Things are finally starting to change with white spectrums and although a color maybe 4000k there could be alot more going on in the spectrum.
Looking at the spectrum is important as some colors do not really change what you see all that much such as 730nm
psyweed
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Thanks for reply.
unfortunately due to the Corona chaos, china is not shipping...so i cant order to test.

I do have already 4000k LM301b panels (just white) - nodes are very close, if i would like to stretch them, which temperature should i use?
As for Mother plans its ok, but clones are tiny due to that...

Thanks
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

psyweed wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:28 pm
Thanks for reply.
unfortunately due to the Corona chaos, china is not shipping...so i cant order to test.

I do have already 4000k LM301b panels (just white) - nodes are very close, if i would like to stretch them, which temperature should i use?
As for Mother plans its ok, but clones are tiny due to that...

Thanks
Easiest way to induce stretch is to activate shade avoidance by using 730nm leds.
I would have them on a dimmer so you can get it set the way you want. Once you have achieved the desired stretch then you can turn them off.
You can use them for flower initiators and end of day use once you flip to flower
psyweed
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

@TEKNIK

Hello , I would like to ask you again for advice

I got those lights https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 75619.html

1.1 Bar for 60x120 area Mother plants
2. 4 Bars for 150x150cm area

Full Spectrum - (380nm-730nm )
White Seoul 3000/4000k +Oslon 660nm 730nm +Seoul 385nm

I would like to confirm the spectrum options:
light.JPG
1. 1x Bar for Mother plants to make stretched nodes - White + 730nm only? All 18h long?
Completely turn of 385nm and 660nm?

2. 4x Bars in
2.1 Growth phase basically same option as with Mother plants to Stretch (if i want to) White + 730nm only?
2.2 Bloom phase White + 730nm + 660nm , when flower/bud start to appear switch OFF Far Red 730nm?
Keep White + 660nm only and in the end 385nm only for last 2 weeks?

Do i get it right?

As until now on QB panels older model i have LM301B 3000/4000k + 660nm + 730nm + 385nm - without option to turn ON/OFF (660nm + 730nm + 385nm) separatelly. So i use them for the whole Bloom period.
For Growth i was using MH Bulb

Thanks
psyweed
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

or anyone else could reply / suggest on this?