connecting Meanwell HLG-600h-48a with illumi MeshTek® 4 Channel PWM

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
grisbi
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

hello everybody!
hope everybody is doing well?
first : im very bad on electric stuff so sorry if i say something seems you ridiculous ^^
second: im pretty on following instruction! :D

illumi meshtek is :
"The MeshTek® 4 Channel PWM Smart Lighting Controller (SLC) is a plug & play controller, providing an interface
between a standard non-dimmable LED driver(s) and LED load(s) thereby making an LED fixture/luminaire
smart. It can be configured to have four PWM controlled output channels for connection with LED load or four
PWM control signals from the MeshTek® module to interface with your external LED driver and then control
them remotely through MeshTek iOS and Android apps over a simple Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) protocol.
Multiple lighting fixtures can be controlled individually or together as a group.
All PWM SLCs generate and form a reliable, secured and dynamic mesh network, extending the range as well.
Each SLC has a PA/SLA built in for high signal strength and sensitivity that can communicate to other SLCs up
to 200m range, requiring no external antenna, thereby saving costs in terms of material and assembly. The
patented PWM SLC technology also has a Real-Time Clock for time stamping and scheduling purposes."

i meet problem to connect my illumi MeshTek® 4 Channel PWM to my driver Meanwell HLG-600h-48a

im confuse with the two output from the meanwell 600w driver.
picture of the driver with the 2 output:
there is the plan:

-i have 10 ledstrip from cutter are 48v : 6 of them are 5000k nichia 757
4 of them are 2000k nichia 757

would love to connect those strip to my illumi meshtek and driver meanvell Meanwell HLG-600h-48a

- channel 1 : 5000k
- channel 2 : 2000k

i would love to be able to manage my 2k strip/ 5k strip independantly
i would love, if someone has time , and if it possible ,to show me wiring schema witch i will follow to connect everything right :D

its seems that i have to do something or some soldering with the illumi meshtek to allow it to play with high volt like meanwell 600w/48v , i think they are speaking about it in "page 7" of the illumi's manual , would you confirm me that?
there is the link to the illumi meshtek manual :

https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/834/ ... 625647.pdf

sorry if sometime my english is far from perfect, wish you a good day/nigh!
Shimbob
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

grisbi wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:15 pm
im confuse with the two output from the meanwell 600w driver.
Both outputs are the same. There's two output wires because of the very high current that the driver provides and a single wire would not be enough to handle the 12.5 amps. You can combine the two outputs (red to red, black to black) and connect that to the meshtek. However; whether or not the meshtek can handle 12.5A is a question that the meshtek manual isn't answering to my satisfaction.
its seems that i have to do something or some soldering with the illumi meshtek to allow it to play with high volt like meanwell 600w/48v , i think they are speaking about it in "page 7" of the illumi's manual , would you confirm me that?
What they appear to be saying is you just have to remove the jumper J3, (no soldering involved), then it can handle higher voltages. However after you remove J3, you will need another source of DC power (6-24V) in order to power the meshtek board itself.
grisbi
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

@Shimbob , thank you very much!
especialy for the jumper stuff.... so ill need an other another source of DC power (6-24V) in order to power the meshtek board itself. .... like i said, pretty bad in electrricity, so the driver itself cannot be this source that meshhtek needs?
for the 2 output, i have to put the 2 red in the same wago, and 2 black same wago, is that?
PeteR_1
LED Tinker
LED Tinker
Reactions:

grisbi wrote:
... -i have 10 ledstrip from cutter are 48v :
6 of them are 5000k nichia 757

would love to connect those strip to my illumi meshtek and driver meanvell Meanwell HLG-600h-48a

No experience with this device. In the Electrical Specs on page 7 of the manual it shows;
Maximum 4 Amps @ 24 Vdc or 96 Watts per Channel
Maximum 16 Amps @ 24 Vdc or 384 Watts Total.

It’s rated less than the output of the 600 Watt Driver and only 2 Amps @ 48 Vdc or 96 Watts per Channel. Will that be adequate for your LED Strips?
grisbi
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

PeteR_1 wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:01 am
grisbi wrote:
... -i have 10 ledstrip from cutter are 48v :
6 of them are 5000k nichia 757

No experience with this device. In the Electrical Specs on page 7 of the manual it shows;
Maximum 4 Amps @ 24 Vdc or 96 Watts per Channel
Maximum 16 Amps @ 24 Vdc or 384 Watts Total.

It’s rated less than the output of the 600 Watt Driver and only 2 Amps @ 48 Vdc or 96 Watts per Channel. Will that be adequate for your LED Strips?
in fact i have 2 structure of 5 led strip , in each 3 strip are 5000k and 2 are 2000k .
each strip can go at max 96w@ 1amp ( if my memory are right, nichia 757 is 1w/led for 1 amp , and their is 96 of them in each strip :D )
PeteR_1
LED Tinker
LED Tinker
Reactions:

grisbi wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:17 am
in fact i have 2 structure of 5 led strip , in each 3 strip are 5000k and 2 are 2000k .
each strip can go at max 96w@ 1amp ( if my memory are right, nichia 757 is 1w/led for 1 amp , and their is 96 of them in each strip :D )
My question is, will the total operating Watts of your LED Strips exceed (be greater than) the maximum current rating of the Channels.
grisbi
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

PeteR_1 wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:27 am
grisbi wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:17 am
My question is, will the total operating Watts of your LED Strips exceed (be greater than) the maximum current rating of the Channels.
i would love to use the forth's illumi channel like that:
have 2 structure / 2 spectre by structure and 300w per structure for a total of 600w from the meanwell driver

channel 1: 3 x 5000k from structure 1
channel 2: 2x 2000k from structure 1
channel 3: 3x 5000k from structure 2
channel 4: 2x 2000k from structure 2

so i guess ill the wattage has to be repartited proportionaly with

to aswer your question, yes i guess my watts's led strip exceed the maximum current rating of the Channels.
the goal was to not push them too hard
but the goal is also to be able to use the maximum output from the driver
grisbi
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

helllo guyz! first thank you for the help, we are almost finish,
i just saw a youtube video witch show me schema, but i need to know how to wire the 2 output from m y driver to the illumi meshtek? and what 24v model of driver would i have to use to power the illumi as well?
best regards

TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

grisbi wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:53 am
helllo guyz! first thank you for the help, we are almost finish,
i just saw a youtube video witch show me schema, but i need to know how to wire the 2 output from m y driver to the illumi meshtek? and what 24v model of driver would i have to use to power the illumi as well?
best regards

Most meanwell 600W have a yellow auxiliary wire that can be used to power up the meshtek
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
grisbi
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

yes but meanwell driver has a 5v , and its says :
"*If J3 is removed, then external power needs to be applied to AUX+ and AUX- to power the board."

, how are you @TEKNIK long time that i didnt came on forum!
its finaly time my friend! but i still need to know how to plug those 2 output from my 600w meanwell driver and what external power do i need to use for power the board