Another First Build

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
Tony
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

So with my pieces ready to assemble and it being too cold to leave the house, thought I would put this thing together. It was hard to figure how I wanted to configure it and knew if I screwed it together I would probably drill new holes and change it later. Had a brainstorm on how to make it easy to reconfigure. 3/4x3/4x1/16 inch channel has an id of 5/8 inch, 1/2 inch copper pipe has an od of 5/8 inch. The two came together. My light is assembled without screws, just friction fit together. The outer pipe connections are just hot glued for a tighter fit.
As is, ready for sprouting with four strips, is wired for 12 strips.
Front.JPG
Front.JPG (97.06 KiB) Viewed 1030 times
Back.JPG
Back.JPG (106.57 KiB) Viewed 1030 times
If I want to add a strip just place short copper pieces anywhere and push channel with strip on.
Add Strip.JPG
Add Strip.JPG (97.51 KiB) Viewed 1030 times
I ran out of pipe and connectors but will add on to the top and bottom. This will add 4 more strips and maxes out my small closet.
Upgrade.JPG
Upgrade.JPG (119.97 KiB) Viewed 1030 times
There's more! The strips don’t have to point straight down, can be angled.
Rotate.JPG
Rotate.JPG (100.14 KiB) Viewed 1030 times
If I get more strips I can cut 2 shorter channels and add 1 strip to either side. Add more T's and can be expanded in all directions. It's the Meccano of grow lights.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

That's awesome! I love the innovation here!

It was -30C here today (-22F). Tooooooo coooooooold.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Ted
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

LEDG wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:56 am

Just saying...
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (26.38 KiB) Viewed 1020 times
Tony
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

LEDG wrote:

-36°C here with wind chill -48°C this am.
I’m waiting for you to finish your colour temp experiment before ordering more strips. My 4 5000k are on it now and only have 12 3000k for flower. Thinking of getting 6 4000k so can add them for vegging then surround the 3000’s in flower.
Before I convinced the other half to empty "her" closet in the spare room was thinking of building a tent with a copper pipe frame. Could have endless possibilities for sticking strips. Still might do that in the basement and move the grow down there for the summer. Too cool down there in the winter.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Tony wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:21 pm
LEDG wrote:

-36°C here with wind chill -48°C this am.
I’m waiting for you to finish your colour temp experiment before ordering more strips. My 4 5000k are on it now and only have 12 3000k for flower. Thinking of getting 6 4000k so can add them for vegging then surround the 3000’s in flower.
Before I convinced the other half to empty "her" closet in the spare room was thinking of building a tent with a copper pipe frame. Could have endless possibilities for sticking strips. Still might do that in the basement and move the grow down there for the summer. Too cool down there in the winter.
Jesus dude, do you live with the penguins or the polar bears?
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
oozing
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Tony what did you use to fix the wagos to the frame?
I find, at some point, everything I use deteriorates due to the heat.