Height

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
myxin
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I've got a fixture with two photon phantom wavy boards running at 2.1a. Website gives stats at 288 umol @ 18". Ive got 2 seedlings and am wondering what height you guys suggest I keep the boards. Currently at 24 inches but I feel I could be closer.
de la soil
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Is the driver you're dimmable? If i'm right they are about 36V boards being run at 2100mA on a constant current driver, giving you about 140 or so watts from the wall? If you have decent ventilation and a couple of fans try dropping it to 12" then put your hand at the canopy and see what the temp's like, and how the plants react. Also, are they stretchy at all? that may be a sign that they can handle a little more light, so lowering them wouldn't hurt.
myxin
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

de la soil wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:23 am
Is the driver you're dimmable? If i'm right they are about 36V boards being run at 2100mA on a constant current driver, giving you about 140 or so watts from the wall? If you have decent ventilation and a couple of fans try dropping it to 12" then put your hand at the canopy and see what the temp's like, and how the plants react. Also, are they stretchy at all? that may be a sign that they can handle a little more light, so lowering them wouldn't hurt.
The driver is dimmable, yes. It is about 74w per board, so that is also correct. I've got really overpowered ventilation lol. 6 inch extractor in a 2x4x5 tent. I've also got 1 fan inside blowing around. Temps around the board are only about 75 degrees. I think tonight I'll lower it a few inches. They have no stretch, but I don't think they are at light saturation either.