New COB supplier

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
fdashty
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hey everyone,

I'm considering doing some Amazon Prime sales for some common COB parts, mainly heatsinks for now. I've found that there are limited options out there, especially on Amazon, which if you're from the US, is usually where most people look first.

What do you guys think? Think there's a market for more affordable COB supplies/kits?

Just want to also throw this thought out there: during a cerebral moment with some good sativa, I realized that LED horticultural lighting is building a reputation (for some) for just not putting out the same quality light as HPS/MH etc. I think I know the reason; anytime I/we look around at the newest LED's (pre-fab) out there, you see rating of 600/800/1000/1200 watts for blow out prices, $150-400USD. People buy those thinking they're going to save that up front cost and get some mind bending light quality. What they end up with is a marketed 1000 watt light that actually produces 250 watts of plant loving juice resulting in starving plants. The trend is getting out of control with some manufacturers; the most recent one I saw was "1200 watt LED" with a true consumption of 208 watts....really?!?!? These marketing layouts are actually hurting the long term sales of these beautifully awesome lights. Then you get a manufacturer that sells a 600 watt LED for $1200, and you think, ok I could get this for $200 off amazon or w/e. That $1200 light marketed as better than everything else, well, it is better than everything else because it's actually making 1200 watts of juice! Marketing has got potential new buyers in a tizzy with this method. Thoughts?

Just wanted to mention, the contributors in the forum are awesome, and a shout out to Jolly Green Giant for his consistent and awesome feedback - thanks dude.