Advice needed for Perpetual Grow Light Set up

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
kiwi-guy
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Howzit. Need assistance designing ideal set up for my perpetual grow. Need to crunch numbers a and get started hopefully soon.
Three distinct areas: Clone Zone, Veg Station & Bloom Room

Clone Zone and Veg Stations are basically 70 L totes. I gather clones/cuttings do not need lighting but am happy to entertain any ideas you guys may have.

Tote lid sizes are approx. 25”x 16” (65cm x 40cm) 23 clones and 18 in veg (maybe two veg totes going at once)

Bloom Room: 6 rows 14” (35cm) apart of 7 plants spaced 7” (18cm) between each plant
so 42 sites in 70”x 42” =20 square feet
180cm x 100cm 1.8m sq

Thank you Stinkbud....

DIY hard on everything so can invest in best lights possible
alienfarts687
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Judging by your username, you're in New Zealand. Your best bet is probably ordering strips from Cutter in Australia. They're a reputable distributor, and you shouldn't have to worry about customs.

I built a light recently using the Cutter strips of Cree LEDs because they're basically the best value for money in Oz IMO. Bridgelux strips are somewhat cheaper, but less efficient and have fewer LEDs per strip than Cutter's Cree strips.

For your flowering area, you'll want around 25-35 watts/sq. ft. Veg can get away with less, and cloning you can use just about anything. Even a couple CFLs or a T5, or maybe a cheap red/blue LED from eBay.
kiwi-guy
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Cheers for that. Have been watching that website closely lately and yep love the fact they are just across the ditch.

Basic set up is below, was thinking of using the 24x LM561C build from this site (http://ledgardener.com/samsung-lm561c-b ... g-touches/) over the flowering site split into three separate lights?
Attachments
Aero_concept.jpg