Side lighting seems obvious, but I've never seen it highlighted in a major player's videos

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
bvolt
Forum's First Member!
Forum's First Member!
Reactions:

Hey guys,

It seems to me that, a fixture using QBs mounted to a side wall and oriented perpendicular to your overhead fixture, could give you nearly total-light penetration. Then I wonder - why I've never seen it used "successfully".

I can't be the first person to observe that this configuration puts light into all the space currently in shadow... so why not do it?

School me. (please)
You might wanna double-check anything you've read here...
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

You know, I've thought about this too - I'd love to build a whole enclosure out of QBs so literally the entire wall and ceiling of it is diodes, and just run them nice and low. It'd be expensive as hell but the coverage would be insane! I feel the same way though... I don't know why people aren't running these on the side too.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
bvolt
Forum's First Member!
Forum's First Member!
Reactions:

Sounds like an interesting topic for an... experiment? :roll:
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Myeeeeeeeeees, quite.

You must have enough QBs by now to do it too!
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
sattamassagana
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I think Penetration is so insanly high even in a horizontal setup that an additional vertical fixture would just be ridiculous.... 😂 But im curious too of course!
bvolt
Forum's First Member!
Forum's First Member!
Reactions:

Penetration is certainly better than ever, but what if you didn't have to lollipop at all? If you could just let it grow in every direction and still ensure 100% budsite coverage.

You'd have the light concentration of outdoor growing with the benefit of the microclimate/environment of your indoor space. Pretty game-changing if it could work.