New member new build

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
Futuregrow
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I'll look over it again tomorrow, maybe I'm missing something.

I think you're right aiming for about 300W.

Jump on uPowerTek's website, I've found their CC drivers have slightly more voltage range, you might find something that works on there.

Something like a BLD-320, or BLD-240 might just do the trick
sleeper
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

okay I will check it thank you.
I also checked the HLG-480H-C1400, it is 171 ~ 343V but i prefer 320W driver.
do you suggest I stay with CC driver plan or get a CV driver with multimeter?
Futuregrow
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you a copy of this spreadsheet. You can probably make a configuration that works by using a different number of strips, other than 14.

The spreadsheet should hopefully help you make sense of it if you play around with it.
sleeper
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

ok new plan, use 12 strips all in series
HLG-320H-C1050A and go 8p6s (24v)
or HLG-320H-C1400A and 6p8s (18v)
what do you think is better?
Futuregrow
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Not sure which method is better, perhaps compare the spec sheets and find which one is going to be more efficient at that loading.
Strips.JPG
sleeper
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

The driver efficiency will be just about the same only 0.2% diff. I was talking about the led chips i figured there must be a reason samsung went with 24v and not 18v? Or it does not matter much for my application? Driver will be 1 meter away from the fixture.
sleeper
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Will it be okay wiring 12 strips in series or cause voltage drop?
so i was going to go with the 24v strips and use the c1050 (311v max) but then i checked and the sockets here are rated for max 240v?
I've read all the fundamentals but still need some guidance please
edit: okay so what do you think about 12 strips 24v, driver 320H-c2100. wire 6 series 2 parallel?
is this more safe?
sleeper
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

config1.jpg
so im going to be wiring like this, is it okay to connect 2 wires to same wago hole?
or just wire all strips in series without wago using 1050mA driver instead.
please clear cut answer?
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

That shows all your strips in parallel which wouldn’t be ideal on that driver. The 240V you’re talking about - I assume you mean the AC voltage at the wall outlet?

It might be better to start with an easier build. Something like a premade board.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
sleeper
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

think ur right i should be starting with something simple, i thought about boards but figured with strips I can mix spectrum and get a better light spread.
I did mean the wall socket AC voltage but thanks to futuregrow I understand i was wrong now and the driver can generate more v than the wall outlet.
sorry for the bad wiring diagram, i think this is closer to what i meant to do for 6s 2p ?
Attachments
config1.jpg