8x40 build out Reefer Madness.

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
CMSYS
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Good afternoon everyone!

I am working with several growers in North and South Carolina under the industrial hemp umbrella. We are running greenhouses and several traditional indoor grows to start our clones for out planting. I just received a old reefer (53ft tractor trailer) with working AC unit (not road worthy, but how cool would a mobile grow unit be!). The first 13 feet will be a double tier veg area, small propagation shelf, work space and misc gear area (co2 pump, grow monitor units). The rest will be a flower room. This is more of a fun adventure so I am down to experiment (instead of just copying out a 4x4 or a 4x6 build out to fill the trailer).

Note: Since we are only growing CBD dominant strains (Cherry, Boax, Auto II etc) I have noticed they never tend to get as large as a THC heavy sister.

I am looking at running QB288 stacked at 1x per 4x4 grow space or 20 for the flower room with a single line of vertically hanging back to back strips down the center line and 1 line of vertical strips down each side wall (I love supplemental side lighting). Would like to grow out 20-40 girls per cycle. I have never tried this before so well see how it goes!

I am really happy with the current QB288 and QB132's we are running now in the clone finishing room but I have never attempted to build out an area this big!

Any suggestions, comments and critiques would be much appreciated! Hit me with everything you got.

Best,
jay
Futuregrow
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Sounds epic, have you got any sketches, pics or models etc of your proposed setup? I reckon my luminaires would be amazing in there :D
infosponge
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Man that’s awesome, if you need any help I’m in the Charlotte area, would love to help y’all out. Down south they’ve been a lot more restrictive than up here but they’re loosening things up a bit.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Awesome. Do you have any drawings of the space yet? How big of an aisle will you use? How much square footage does the flowering space work out to?
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
CMSYS
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

We are working with a middle isle down the center. Access wont be the nicest but we are working to maximize grow space.

Its looking like 20 sets of qb288 and vertical f-series gen 2 samsung strips (still narrowing it down) on exterior of the container and possibly some hid 360* lights on the center line.