Smart IC light strips?

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
Gatordog
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Has anyone used these?
Found on E-bay, they are 150 watt 120 volt A/C
I would use them GFIC protected and the solder connections well insulated.
I have been told by the seller that they are non dim-able and thinking of using one per sq' of flower.
They would be mounted to 1"x2"x 1/8 Alu. tubing and water cooled as I have 24,000 Gal. of 76F h2o.
COB - Copy.PNG
Any and all comments please.
Respectfully, GD
Shimbob
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

100lumen/watt is quite low. Don't your average HIDs run in the 100-150lm/w range?
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

HID's are pretty much in that window, but as you cut distance to light to half, light intensity quadruples- for single light sources like HID...

so you could probably use 4x100w or 8x50w leds more efficiently then 1x400w HID, by getting the lights closer - even if they had the same efficiency on paper.
light would also penetrate much better when coming from multiple sources.

High quality strips are so cheap that you will never get the same kinda bang for your buck using something like that. 2foot bridgelux strips are like 8e each.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Just had a look at the numbers they promise that led... must be a bad joke. There is no way in hell that the led is producing 100lm/w at 30w, and the same efficiency when ran 5x harder at 150w... So someone has just pulled those numbers outta their ass. Also the different color temperatures will have different efficiencies.

Looking at the add reminds me about why I went mad trying to buy something on alibaba.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"