Need help with triple V2 builds

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
Jslay
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I ordered a HLG slate 3 triple 320 watt 3000k qb288 v2 for testing as I want to run 3-4 of them but wasnt sure on the right driver for series wiring. They come with no driver which is what I want or as a kit with the 320-c1750 driver which I bought for testing. It is a little under powered for the job. I am running 220v AC input on 3 boards in series and getting 50v and 2000ma to the boards at full power with this driver which is roughly 100 watts a board and the driver runs a little hot maxed out. the review on this site used the 480H-C2100 driver on this exact setup at 106 watts per board. it would be easier and cheaper for me to run 3 of the 480H-C2100A drivers on 3 triple setups for now because at some point I might need to add another triple and with the 3 480's already in place I can still run all 4 triples efficiently, 3 boards per driver to start off and then 4 boards in series. A certain company is telling me the 480 is too much for just one triple, that it will put 480 watts to 1 triple how? Is that even possible? it will be dialed in around 106-110w per board and thats not even till full flower. I have 16 inch oscillating fans blowing across each individual heatsink 1 foot away in a controlled environment, not a tent lol. Please help as the math adds up for my build but I am pullin my hair out and need to pull the trigger on this order ASAP.
Last edited by Jslay on Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
DaveJonesFan
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Maybe it's because I'm just waking up, but I found this a bit hard to follow.

I'm running some of the slate 2 triple setups:
https://horticulturelightinggroup.com/p ... e-2-triple

They do run on 2100mA drivers fine, I use the HLG-320H-C2100B for each of the HLG kits referenced, instead of the -1750B driver they supply with their kit.

I think you are saying you want to run HLG-480H-C2100's each on a triple setup, which will give you a fine result, with wasted potential. Each board will only get the constant current max it will provide, the 2100mA (plus driver bonus) to them.

You mean in future you want to use the extra voltage available from the 3 drivers (each up to 229V max in series) to power up a fourth board with each driver. That will likely be fine as well, but the wiring would get a bit messy. And you would still have some extra juice.

I would do what I did and use 1 HLG-320H-C2100B for each desired set of the referenced HLG Slate 2 Triple V2 implementations.
I know I'm not right
But I'm not wrong, no, I'm not wrong
Girl, you hate it when I'm too high
But that's where I belong, where I belong