Best buy (not diy)led growlight BUMP

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
Tassetapir
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I gave my friend a autoflowering cannabisplant to have on his balcony. And my plan worked out fine moahah, he is now interested in growing, have a chiliplant also :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

So now he wants to buy some small led light to be able to use for maybe 2-4 autoflowering plants.
Budget around 100$.
Been thinking of this from mars hydro, a little older 240 w led panel that is supposed to replace a 160w hps.
https://www.mars-hydro.com/led-grow-lig ... o-for-sale

If anyone have any suggestions just hit me!
Live in Sweden

New bump: some other friends wants led lights instead of hps and they are not into diy.

So recomendations here?
To replace a 600? Or a 1000?

How cheap can you manage to go and still have the same or better light compared to the above stated hps data?
Last edited by Tassetapir on Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Is that Mars much cheaper then a 100w QB? I would certainly try to aim for something slightly better, if ever possible. The new QB's will likely put out almost double the lumen. Can make a 20-50g difference in yield.

As a beginner, it might be valuable to be able to see the real colors of the leaves too... spot deficiencies and insects etc.

I think I chose the cheapest route, with the bridgelux strips. Many driver options, I took 75w drivers so I can make my system more modular. A 75w driver was about 10e, and Vesta strips were 8e for 2foot, and 4e for 1foot. 1 75w driver with 3 strips = 35e... If no heatsinks, perhaps could add a fourth strip for a total of around 45e.

There are many other options on the DIY side. Meanwell ELG series will work in Sweden.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
Tassetapir
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Thank you for answering uncle_psyco!
This thread was about a factoring made light with atleast 1 year warranty.

But yeah i know that you are right about the other stuff. Acrually ive allready talked him into letting me help him build something :mrgreen:

I know they would work here, we have 240 v ac here. I have a mean well driver myself.
Those example you are writing about, can you tell me from what store those example are?
U live in Europe also?

Best regards
Tassetapir
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Anyone else here that can recomend a cheap light that performs like a 600-1000w hps?

To be used at a 120 x 120 - 150 x 150 tent.

Thank you in advance :mrgreen:
bvolt
Forum's First Member!
Forum's First Member!
Reactions:

There are plenty of Chinese/Amazon LED fixtures that'll grow absolute fire - you're just going to use twice as much electricity in the process...
You might wanna double-check anything you've read here...
Heathen
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hey there, I so this is old and you are in Sweden, but I think this is the best deal going here in the states for a assembled and tested turnkey light.

https://growerslights.com/products/hort ... rd-led-kit