Remote Drivers!

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
Notill Hippie
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hey guys! im getting ready to build a big remote driver heres what i got so far

Drivers
2x 320 1400
2x 240 1400
2x 240 1050
1x 185 1050
1x 240 700
1x 80 700

Misc: pg9 waterproof stress relievers
power consumption meter
dimmers
junction box

my plan is to build a big control board to keep my laundry room warm (seeing as its always really cold in there) and the heat away from the garden, id love to use my raspberry pi so i can do dimming this way but its so much to learn while trying to learn other things.

I need to get some ideas so share with me and ideas you might have. also please share with me your remote driver! i need inspiration!

Peace out!
TedTheLed
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

cant help bro i know nothing , however wanting to ask how far are your drivers going to be from your frames and how far can they be, my estimate is your running about 40 cobs ? i,m looking to build something about the same size and looking at the best way to place my drivers would rather hang them on a wall than the frame plug and play sort of thing, trying to upgrade from the last set that i strapped the driver on with nylon ties
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Have you run the numbers for your AC power draw yet? Do you have the electrical in place? There is a thread in the control and automation forum where one of our members is creating a program that can be used to dim multiple drivers with a raspberry pi.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Huktonponics
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I decided to remote mount my drivers due to thee weight they added to my fixures.

Im running 6 x hlg 320H C1400B for 36 x citizen clu048.

I was a little concerned about running them remotely but just use a decent enough gauge wire to run from cobs to the drivers. I think i have a 3m run to each driver

I was going to use those digital meters but wasnt sure on how to wire them up or which ones to get, so i got the plug in ones, does the business for me.

garnier
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I kind of like it and not.

I would never put drivers on the piece of wood / mdf, just to be extra safe, but thats me.