cheap, dimmable drivers by "thomas research products" + display

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
Hydrofood
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

sdfoster22 wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 7:35 am
After doing some research on wiring constant current in parallel, and why not to. I figured I would maybe add a 700ma fuse to each strip so if one strip goes out or something happens it won't damage other strips, or cause a fire. Does anyone know what type of fuse I could use. I was thinking on getting some with leads and soldering it inline and heat shrinking it. Would that be a good idea? And what type of fuse would work. I see many types of fuses lol.
Ever find out anything more regarding wiring in parallel? With fuses?

This thread has been around for quite some time.
Has everyone had nothing but good results wiring these CC drivers parallel?
tazztone
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

sdfoster22 wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 7:35 am
I figured I would maybe add a 700ma fuse to each strip so if one strip goes out or something happens it won't damage other strips, or cause a fire. Does anyone know what type of fuse I could use. I was thinking on getting some with leads and soldering it inline and heat shrinking it.
until now i didn't use fuses for my parallel prototype builds with the 3A CC driver
however your idea sounds pretty neat. i found these 2A glass fuses:
Clipboard_20181110.png
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NIUKETA ... 40585.html?
they are low cost and i think they do the job of protecting every strip just fine.
also available as 1A:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NIUKETA ... 71651.html?
Hydrofood
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

sdfoster22 wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 6:41 pm
I am running eb gen 2 1' strips. I am running 6 with the 75w driver, and 4 with the 40w driver. These strips are 700ma max current. I did get 1" heatsink for all strips. The 75 w driver runs 6 strips 19.5 volts at 500ma, the 40w driver runs 4 strips 19.5 volts at 450ma
Has this proven stable over time?
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I thought I would keep this thread moving, Tazztone did such a service by posting this stuff.

Most of the drivers Tazztone posted in the chart are either sold out, or have quadrupled in price. If you open TRP drivers on digikey, and choose that prices go from low to high, you will see there are still some super cheap drivers in the 12-96w range.

A lot of the drivers have efficiencies in the high 80's, but there are a few models with lower efficiency to watch out for. Also there are some models designed for high voltage input, most people will want to avoid those.

Anyway there are some great drivers for cloning, veg stations, or other lower power needs.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"