connecting Meanwell HLG-600h-48a with illumi MeshTek® 4 Channel PWM

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
Shimbob
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

One thing I'm not sure about is what happens when you're running two channels at different power levels and one channel needs, say, 23.5V, while the other channel requires 22.5V. This creates an imbalance in the voltage, how does that not create an issue?
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

grisbi wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:30 am
yes but meanwell driver has a 5v , and its says :
"*If J3 is removed, then external power needs to be applied to AUX+ and AUX- to power the board."

, how are you @TEKNIK long time that i didnt came on forum!
its finaly time my friend! but i still need to know how to plug those 2 output from my 600w meanwell driver and what external power do i need to use for power the board
To begin with the controller you are using is not the right one. You could get it to work but its not suitable for the application. The pwm controller is designed for constant voltage strips or boards. It can work with your set up but it wont work all that well and you can burn out your strips if not set up correctly.
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
grisbi
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

hello guyz,
@TEKNIK , i have both model illumi, but i need to know if i connecte only one of the two output wire from the meanwell 600w driver or if i need to connect the both, and how ? (its seem easy for you guyz, but for me its hot as hell :oops: )
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

grisbi wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:40 pm
hello guyz,
@TEKNIK , i have both model illumi, but i need to know if i connecte only one of the two output wire from the meanwell 600w driver or if i need to connect the both, and how ? (its seem easy for you guyz, but for me its hot as hell :oops: )
If you are only running 300W then you can connect one of the wires. The reason it has 2 cables is to split the amperage because to run one cable makes the wires very thick. Best check the maximum amps per channel on the meshtek also. I think 600W is far too much for it.
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
grisbi
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

i fell like i will have lot of trouble schedduling with illumi say's me @Photonic_Love_2020 , and mention that their is no back service to answer my questions....
i feel like i have to find a new led controler....

someone know a led controler that has ability to manage 0-10v meanwell and inventronic drivers?
grotbags
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

hey grisbi did you give up on the meshteks in the end?, did you ever find a suitable replacement?.

im currently doing a build using meshteks and have ran into problems.
the first light i built worked fine during initial testing then on about the 10th time of turning on the first channel on the meshtek just goes wide open full power and does not repond to comands from the app. i have tried another meshtek and it does exactly the same thing.

at this point i thought it must be my wiring even though i know the lighting circuit is correct i thought i might have nipped a wire in assembeling the light or a wire has come loose or something, so i recreated the light layout on the bench with all wiring exposed so i can visually verify that everything is correct. i used another brand new meshtek and powered it up and exactly the same problem, channel 1 wide open full power.

i thought maybe the driver i am using is too powerfull for the meshteks and blowing the mosfets. im using a HLG-320-24 which is 13.34 amp full power and the meshteks are rated for 4 amp per channel so it should be fine.
i have a few different drivers so i tried a HLG-120-24 with another brand new meshtek and again exactly the same thing channel 1 full power but this time the app will override it and turn it off, after that the light responds to comands from the app as it should with control over the four seperate channels ect but as soon as power is cycled channel 1 goes full power.

obviously its unusable like this and i have tried to contact meshtek a couple of times now with zero response.

i am about ready to bin the meshteks and remake the lights using the good old fashioned single driver per channel and standard pots which means ordering all new drivers :x :x :x

heres a quick pic from one of the lights when it worked :cry: