Awaiting DigiKey Order Over 2 Months, Lead Times Changed 3 Times....

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

So it's under H series?
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
PurpleGunRack
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

The influx looks nice, 32 diodes per foot vs. only 20 diodes on the Q-series :D

The catalogue is up on Digi-key, but not in stock yet...

https://www.digikey.com/products/en/opt ... ageSize=25
J.R.R.Toking
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

This is getting goddamned ridiculous. I get different responses from different Digikey representatives, their "tracer" emails are a f'n joke, and this is getting stupid.

Besides Alibaba, are there any other options for US customers?

Has ANYONE had to wait 3 months for a light strip order?
sdfoster22
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Have you tried arrow?
NothinYet is my nickname
J.R.R.Toking
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Thanks for the suggestion.

Arrow is OOS, and, best as I can see, they have minimum orders that are high.

I get a different line of BS every time I contact Digikey...whether this is by design or just simple ignorance, I do not know.

I'm seriously considering getting a tape roll of strips, but I'm not certain I'd be able to use the driver (HLg-480H-48A) suggested in LEDG's 4x4 example builds, as I'll probably need many more strips to get the same light intensity as the four LT-FB24Bs.

WTF...
sdfoster22
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

They have plenty of the eb gen 1's in stock. You could use those with that driver. No minimums that I can see.
NothinYet is my nickname
∞∞∞
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

You could always go with eight of the FB22B single row strips. They are in stock.
J.R.R.Toking
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

sdfoster22 wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:30 pm
They have plenty of the eb gen 1's in stock. You could use those with that driver. No minimums that I can see.
Thanks, but I REALLY wanted to stick with the F-series Gen3s.

Thanks for the suggestions, to all in the thread.
J.R.R.Toking
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

∞∞∞ wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:51 am
You could always go with eight of the FB22B single row strips. They are in stock.

Yeah, I noticed that...thanks.

It MAY have to come to this, but it could add @ $100 to my total light cost, as I've already received my heat sinks from www.heatsinkusa.com (2-inch width...FML). I suppose I could cut them (the 2" sinks) down the middle to accommodate the narrower strips, but I was hoping to keep this build as clean as possible (fewer strips, less wiring, not having to mount Wagos all over the place, etc.). And I'm absolutely certain the double-row strips will become available as soon as I move to the FB22Bs. I'm locked into the $49 price for the FB224Bs (They increased a few bucks while I've been waiting.) The fact that the FB224Bs are so difficult to keep in stock kind of tells me that they are the proverbial "cat's ass" of LEDs, and makes me want to get them for my build even more. Sigh...

On the plus side, I could order 10 of the single strips for around $25 over the cost of the 8 (there's a discount for 10 pieces), and have 2 strips in reserve for extra parts/veg area. I'm just trying to make some lemonade here...Would 3000K be okay for vegging? I think they would work, but I'd prefer to use the 5000K double-row strips that have also been on backorder.

What would be the best way to cut the 2" heatsinks in half, lengthwise? I'm thinking I could just score one of the middle tracks with a razor blade until it easily breaks. Thoughts?

Thanks again, everyone, for all the suggestions.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

J.R.R.Toking wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:14 am

What would be the best way to cut the 2" heatsinks in half, lengthwise? I'm thinking I could just score one of the middle tracks with a razor blade until it easily breaks. Thoughts?

Thanks again, everyone, for all the suggestions.
I don't think it could be done cleanly, unfortunately. A razor won't work.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!