new bridgelux model? VESTA® 90CRI, 130lm/W

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
Hyakutak
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Kiwi_Jezza wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:22 am
What is your exact circuit voltage? 8 strips at that drivers constant voltage would want 4.8A, which is outside its range therefore kicking it into constant current mode. Maybe?
The exact voltage is 24 & nothing is connected to the dim cable... But it's not 8 strips, it's 8 rows!

And the vestas are still 9.9$ for me on digikey.
x86ricer
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hyakutak wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:34 am
Kiwi_Jezza wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:22 am
What is your exact circuit voltage? 8 strips at that drivers constant voltage would want 4.8A, which is outside its range therefore kicking it into constant current mode. Maybe?
The exact voltage is 24 & nothing is connected to the dim cable... But it's not 8 strips, it's 8 rows!

And the vestas are still 9.9$ for me on digikey.
Sweet, it's awesome they are still available for under $10. Can you provide a link? When I put the Bridgelux model number "BXEB-TL-2750G-3000-A-13" in to the DigiKey search bar it returns only one result for me.

https://www.digikey.com/products/en?key ... -3000-A-13

Hear is a screen shot of the Product Overview and Pricing & Procurement section that shows up when searching for the model number.
BXEB-TL-2750G-3000-A-13.png

Is it possible that your browser is pulling up a cached copy of the website and not pulling the new info? Hook up the rest of us with that sweet inside tract. I'm obviously not smart enough to figure it out. :lol:

I just hope I haven't foolishly made an impulse buy. While this project is for someone else, I hate to think I have wasted their money. When someone gets some plants under their lights, please share some pictures or a link to your grow log.
Hyakutak
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Same product number as you. It's probably just Digikey adding the VAT to your price?
ATPinMotion
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Just wanted to give this thread a bump and thank @tazztone and @livinglight for the free clinic.

There is some great info here, and hard data showing Vestas are still very much relevant for horticultural use even though they APPEAR to have a lower efficiency (135lm/w) compared to some of the new 200lm/w mid power diodes.

"PAR is a noob measurement" -LivingLight

This made me laugh out loud. I've been so focused on PAR and Lumens, I didn't realize I was missing the boat. It wasn't until my third time reading through this thread that the lightbulb came on :idea:

Thanks to LedG for providing this forum, and all who contribute here!
Run 'em soft
tazztone
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

the new Vesta gen3 seems to be twice as expensive but the only difference seems to be higher CRI value? https://www.digikey.com/en/products/fil ... AuUIIAvr0A
digikey comparison:
Vesta vs Vesta Gen3.jpg
PeteR_1
LED Tinker
LED Tinker
Reactions:

tazztone wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:02 pm
the new Vesta gen3 seems to be twice as expensive but the only difference seems to be higher CRI value?
The only apparent major difference between the Gen2 and Gen3 Vesta are CRI and Price when comparing Visual Lumens output, Watts and Efficacy (Lm/W).

Percentage Spectral Wavelength Distribution (% B-G-R-FR) and PAR (umol/s) are the more important metrics for Grow Light Applications and requires Spectrometer (Additional) Data, though PAR is relative to Lumens output.
These measured values (PAR, PPE and % Distribution) may also be negligible (?), currently unknown...