Newbee. First grow! Seeking for some help.

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
slayking0113
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I also get one par value test report of it's at 18 inches height.
Attachments
parameter1.jpg
slayking0113
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Is there any one of you also using this SP-250? Share with me :D
The lights are too bright and I probably need to prepare an extra glasses.
slayking0113
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I just turn on the light, the temp inside is 77 F, humidity at 60.
SmokeRICH
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

……?
Last edited by SmokeRICH on Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
slayking0113
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

SmokeRICH wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:17 am
Hi bro, Are you using SP?
Go away Anna :mrgreen:
slayking0113
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Here we go! after 1 week seedling in the tent. It finally turns into germination.
Attachments
1H%SVR1@RN8~[~HLUMM6WFS.jpg
slayking0113
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

So far, I did not use any Nutrients yet. I will do it next week.
The Mars SP-250 works really well. Can't wait to see the performance at veg & bloom stage.
slayking0113
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Initially, I did not see them sprout on Friday. And I thought both of them were dead or something due to it's my first grow. And I forgot to set the timer when I was out on Saturday. So the light turns 24 hours on the whole Saturday. And was closed when I came back at noon on Sunday. And find out it was sprouted. I am not sure how it will affect my strains. The soil is quite dry, I dropped more water.

The another one is not came out yet. I moved the soiled found out it's also sprouted, so that is a good news. Let's see both of them grow bigger and bigger together.
Capt. Saicin
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Nuggie wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:39 pm

I completely agree, every time I fertilized my sunflowers, tomatoes, peppers, tomatillos, beans and onions last year it stunted their growth. With the sunflowers it was especially evident as I grow the mammoth's, in my grow log if I didn't fertilize I was getting 10-12" of height gain per week. After fertilizing this would drop to 6-8". Repeated this three times, first time they burnt and it took a week each time for plant to regain its growth. I figured I had the concentration too strong so diluted it to 1/2 the second time and 1/4 the third time and every time caused them to lag. Tomatoes I changed to fish fertilizer and they still burned. I am done with fertilizer, give me compost and I'll be happy.
Chemical Fertilizers tend to disrupt the ecosystem in the soil, if there is any.
So, if you do have an established fertile soil (fertilized with organic long-term fertilizers like nature does constantly)it's best to not use any chemicals. Bacteria and other Microorganism do live in symbiosis with plants and insects, hella complex and efficient but easy to disrupt. They had more time for trial and eror then we will ever have :D

But for inert media/Deep water culture etc. chemicals work great, nothing to disrupt.
The problem begins where big chem companies try to sell thier stuff to regular farmers and luring them into the hamsterwheel of buying more chem ferts to counteract the dying microorganisms after the intial peak...
But thats not necessarily the fault of chem ferts but something bigger at play i suspect :P
slayking0113
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Help!
I am not sure is the other one still can be back on track.
It takes around 8 days came from the soil. And now it looks like this. The other one grows healthy.
Attachments
C{X$IT)1@Q~04BK_GFIV7ML.jpg
7V)MMZUU{07FJL`E0IX~B03.jpg