colorful 512 led grow light panel with true full spectrum

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Futuregrow wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:55 am
unkle_psycho wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:53 pm
A friend just called and said he saw an interesting podcast where growmou5 and people from mayor lighting companies were present.

I could not find the discussion yet, but it seems HLG tried playing the 'evil chinese copy my products' card with very bad success. My friend said growmou5 just stated who were the real innovators and nobody had anything to say. Seems HLG has done exactly what they blame the Chinese for.

Supposedly the HLG guy was gloating on how fluence owns so many patents in the field that soon they will shit on all the chinese. One could almost assume he wished he had his own. Clearly the established players saw their position in the field as guaranteed by power rather then value to the market.

I'm eager to see how they are able to leverage their special position with samsung once there are 10-20% more efficient diodes available from elsewhere.
Nichia's own competing 3030 diode already matches the LM301B for efficiency. Samsung have over-stated the efficiency for their diodes. I've had lunch with the Nichia rep and spoke to her for two hours about everything I'm doing with Futuregrow going forward, and this was one of the topics covered.
How about these diodes from seoul semi conductor? I think they have more benefit over the lm301b's at 3000k then 5000k.

https://media.digikey.com/pdf/Data%20Sh ... -28-18.pdf

I'd like to know what umol/w they produce
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
r2thk
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:29 pm
Futuregrow wrote:
unkle_psycho wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:53 pm
A friend just called and said he saw an interesting podcast where growmou5 and people from mayor lighting companies were present.

I could not find the discussion yet, but it seems HLG tried playing the 'evil chinese copy my products' card with very bad success. My friend said growmou5 just stated who were the real innovators and nobody had anything to say. Seems HLG has done exactly what they blame the Chinese for.

Supposedly the HLG guy was gloating on how fluence owns so many patents in the field that soon they will shit on all the chinese. One could almost assume he wished he had his own. Clearly the established players saw their position in the field as guaranteed by power rather then value to the market.

I'm eager to see how they are able to leverage their special position with samsung once there are 10-20% more efficient diodes available from elsewhere.
Nichia's own competing 3030 diode already matches the LM301B for efficiency. Samsung have over-stated the efficiency for their diodes. I've had lunch with the Nichia rep and spoke to her for two hours about everything I'm doing with Futuregrow going forward, and this was one of the topics covered.
How about these diodes from seoul semi conductor? I think they have more benefit over the lm301b's at 3000k then 5000k.

We got some chips from Digikey, woo, trip cost than Samsung LM301B. it cost really lot of money
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

r2thk wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:14 am
unkle_psycho wrote:
Futuregrow wrote:

We got some chips from Digikey, woo, trip cost than Samsung LM301B. it cost really lot of money
Wow! In that case the same efficiency could probably be achieved by running 3x more lm301b's?. I'll write to you about the other projects then :lol:
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
r2thk
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:11 am
r2thk wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:14 am
unkle_psycho wrote:

Wow! In that case the same efficiency could probably be achieved by running 3x more lm301b's?. I'll write to you about the other projects then :lol:
Thanks and waiting for your update