IT'S ALIVE!!!! ( version 1.2 )

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I'm adding a pic of how I wired from the driver for those that have asked..

it's just the DC side +/- going to its own 4 way wago ( 1 in to 3 out) then a + and - ran to each of the 3 right side boards.. then +/- from right set of boards to left set of boards. 😁
Attachments
IMG_20181206_0925526_rewind.jpg
VandalBee
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Update: I finally got all parts and I'm starting the build.

The setup will look like in the picture below. I also built a junction box that will sit on top of the driver. I used Dinkle terminal block and circuit breaker. The power is connected to the 16A 2 pole circuit breaker, which powers the driver and connects to the a set of terminal blocks that will power 9 fans - 1 for each heatsink. Then I have the driver led lines coming in the box and forming 2 separate lines. I will connect 4 lights on Line 1 and 5 on Line 2 - all boards in parallel.
Attachments
IMG_20181211_182352.jpg
IMG_20181211_165623.jpg
VandalBee
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Almost done. Only wiring and driver positioning left. Its getting pretty heavy - I need to think of a way to make the frame a bit more sturdy.
Attachments
IMG_20181214_183019.jpg
IMG_20181214_193846.jpg
IMG_20181214_193906.jpg
IMG_20181214_200623.jpg
VandalBee
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Project almost completed. Fans are keeping the temps quite low, so I'm thinking of installing a temperature sensor and run them only if temps goes above certain degree.
Also installed a 100k ohm potentiometer and dimming works nice. I'm yet to fully automate the system. But I will take one step at a time as I'm anxious to start growing my veggies.
Attachments
IMG_20181219_185920.jpg
IMG_20181219_190139.jpg
grisbi
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

VandalBee wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:00 am

The setup will look like in the picture below. I also built a junction box that will sit on top of the driver. I used Dinkle terminal block and circuit breaker. The power is connected to the 16A 2 pole circuit breaker, which powers the driver and connects to the a set of terminal blocks that will power 9 fans - 1 for each heatsink. Then I have the driver led lines coming in the box and forming 2 separate lines. I will connect 4 lights on Line 1 and 5 on Line 2 - all boards in parallel.
if i could get this kind of talent!
have to make connexion box between 8 strip ( 2 kind of strip with 3 channel each ^^ )
did you tried illumi mesktek to program by bluetooth your driver, its an amazing device, with one driver you can send current on 4 different channel .
anyway would love have so clean joinction box!
felicitation!
im gonna post really soon my work on my nichia 5000k97cri/2000k/660 strip ^^
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Looking sharp!

I'd suggest checking the current to each board. It looks like the 3 on the right are not getting as much as the others which may mean the others are running harder than you'd like. Sometimes it's just the camera, but quite often looking at it through the camera is a good way to diagnose current disparities since it doesn't have to squint at it.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
grisbi
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

LEDG wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:28 pm
Looking sharp!

I'd suggest checking the current to each board. It looks like the 3 on the right are not getting as much as the others which may mean the others are running harder than you'd like. Sometimes it's just the camera, but quite often looking at it through the camera is a good way to diagnose current disparities since it doesn't have to squint at it.
hello everybody, hope you are good,
what would be the solution to avoid this phenome guy pliz?
cheers
jon
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Nice setup!

What are you using for the floor? Does it absorb water and protect the floor?
VandalBee
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

grisbi wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 11:19 pm
VandalBee wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:00 am

if i could get this kind of talent!
have to make connexion box between 8 strip ( 2 kind of strip with 3 channel each ^^ )
did you tried illumi mesktek to program by bluetooth your driver, its an amazing device, with one driver you can send current on 4 different channel .
anyway would love have so clean joinction box!
felicitation!
im gonna post really soon my work on my nichia 5000k97cri/2000k/660 strip ^^
Could you post a link to the "illumi mesktek" - I googled it, but couldn't find anything.
LEDG wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:28 pm
Looking sharp!

Thx for the suggestion - current is ok, it just the angle of the camera and the picture quality that tricks the eye.
jon wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 5:08 pm
Nice setup!

What are you using for the floor? Does it absorb water and protect the floor?
1st I water proofed the edges on the floor with silicon and then used a water barrier on the floor (its cheap solution from home depot) - a polyethylene roll 10'x12'. On top I did put some left over carpet underlayment that I had left from my last carpet installation and on top I put the Flooring Puzzle Exercise Mat. I will however have to remove it, as my room is running a bit hot, so I'm thinking to remove the floor insulation and leave it to bare concrete.
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Find me on Instagram led_teknik