Automated Cloning cabinet

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
Hyakutak
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Hey,

I'm starting another project (among all the other one!)

I would like to make an automated cloning cabinet for cannabis, but I have 1 or 2 questions:

What is the best color temperature for cloning? 3500k? More?

What is the recommended PPFD? I've heard 150 @ canopy.

I'll try to have the humidity varying from 80 to 95% automatically with a mist system like this. But can a mid-powered led strip work at that humidity level? Can't find any information on the F-serie datasheet.

Do I need to protect them against water/humidity? Is there a waterproof strip alternative out there?

Do you have any recommendation for this project?

Thank you!
sdfoster22
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

ChilLed has waterproof lights. They are a bit more expensive, maybe you could design a waterproof case lol.
NothinYet is my nickname
Hyakutak
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

sdfoster22 wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 3:31 pm
ChilLed has waterproof lights. They are a bit more expensive, maybe you could design a waterproof case lol.
Yeah, I've been across some waterproof solution, but maybe the Bridgelux or Samsung strip are already enough waterproof?

I don't have any experience about that!
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I think these are all rated for wet spaces?

I have read that clones prefer cold white light, but have never compared.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
alienfarts687
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

From what I understand, you'd want cooler light, say 4000k or maybe even 5000k for clones to reduce stretching.

Honestly, you probably don't need anything too powerful or efficient for clones, so you might want to just go with those flexible LED strips that are already waterproof.
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

alienfarts687 wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 5:00 am
From what I understand, you'd want cooler light, say 4000k or maybe even 5000k for clones to reduce stretching.

Honestly, you probably don't need anything too powerful or efficient for clones, so you might want to just go with those flexible LED strips that are already waterproof.
I go with 5000K CFLs/T5 neons. And I second the notion of using waterproof flexible strips. You can use rigid strips and put them in covered aluminum U channels, but that gets expensive. Efficiency doesn't really matter that much during cloning / veg.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

If you can wait, there are a lot of led housing that are waterproof on alibaba. probably about 5$ per meter. I guess your going to feed like 10w? Flexible strips would work for sure, but a 1 foot vesta is like 4e, so if you feel like using a brand strip I guess it would be no biggie to change it if needed.,,.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"