ELG for 4x QB132, did I screw up?

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
Fatcalyxclub
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hello everyone! I’m fat and new to the wonderful world of DIY led’s,

I sure do hope that the ELG 240 c1750 can power 4 QB132 from HLG. I just clicked home both things and realized that I I screwed up the second I did it. Go impulse control eh?
Any who, is there any chance that this will even power up?
Can I perhaps make it work by removing some diodes?
Does an open circuit voltage of 144 make it possible to run them, even though that the constant current region only goes to 137?
These boards would require 34.8 x 4 (139.2) min fv at 1750 mA according to hlg,

Really thankful for any answer in the matter. Kind regards
TPTB73
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I would say that they would not work, I mean all four. Three should work just fine.

I don't like running the QB 132 at 60 watts, I like to be able to get the full 75 wants out of them and then some. So it would be better to go with a 300 or 320 watt driver that's dimmable if you want them running at 60 watts, then you can crank them up if you want to.

Also, the question is are you running the lights on 110V or 220V? The elg has this strange caveat, where if you run it on 110 volts, it only runs at 75% of its rated power. So, if you got the ELG-240, and are running 110 volts, it will give you around 180 watts of power.

Can you send them back? I would run them on (if using 220V) the ELG-240-36, and wire them in parallel.

If using 110 volts, for four QB132s, I currently use the LRS-350-36, but it's not dimmable.

Alternatively, you could use the HLG-320-36A, to get max power out of them, otherwise you could use the HLG-240-36A.

I like using the constant voltage drivers and wiring them in parallel because I know I'm going to get the max wattage out of my boards. Thermal runaway is not really a concern with quantum boards.

Have you seen LED Gardner's torture test, where he puts over 600 watts worth of power into a QB288? It takes it just fine until he gets it up to 700 Watts then it burns out. Those things are only rated at a 135 watts. Quantum boards can take four times their rated wattage.

I bet that the QB 132 and the QB 120 can take even more than four times their rated water you because of the larger and thicker boards they are on.