Genuine Chinese Sellers

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
CrazyFool
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hey guys

Long time lurker, first time poster.
I'm in the market for some LED's. Been away from the game for a while.

What's the latest on our Alibaba favourites such as Mufue, meiju, bava, R2K, Hansion etc?

I've read about a few confirmed fakes from Mufue. Are there any confirmed success stories? Has anybody carried out any side by side comparisons with genuine sammies? Or better yet, objective testing?

Am I right in thinking that a visual inspection cant differentiate an lm561c? Because the lm561b+ and lm561y look the same?

R2k gave me a quote for 5.62usd/meter @ 80 diodes per meter for 250m. Lm561c 80 cri s6.
Can it really be genuine at that price?

If i decided to go for the lm301b is there a higher likelihood of getting something legit as there aren't any copy cats with its form factor and thus it can pass a visual test easily?

I've got an smd reflow hot plate. If all else fails I might just order the diodes from digikey and make the strips myself if authenticity can't be ascertained.

Thanks in advance

Crazy
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Are you planning on buying 250 meters?

To my best understanding Hansien made the original QB's, and don't hold much stock. If you are in for a bigger order they might be your best bet?
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
CrazyFool
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Thanks for the reply mate
Hansion dont make strips they said.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I imagine they can make pretty much any form ordered from them, but maybe they only do QB shapes? weird.
Futuregrow
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Hello Crazyfool,

I bought a huge bulk order from Mufue this year, every board tested and confirmed working, all with legit LM561C S6 3000k diodes.

Each board is 250 x 250 and has 320 diodes on it.

I have built 200, 300 and 400W luminaires using these boards in 2x2, 3x2, and 4x2 configurations, using good quality efficient uPowerTek drivers that run in the 92-94% efficiency range. They are so underdriven that they're running at a highly efficient approx. 2.85 uMol/J, and put out very little heat as a result. This remains one of the most efficient configurations I've seen online so far, still outperforming the usual vendors.

I have done extensive PPFD testing of these luminaire configurations, with comparisons to HPS and an aliexpress cob luminaire, with astonishing results (over 2x the PPFD per watt compared to HPS).

My two biggest customers are running 1000W and 1600W worth of light; both are very happy with their lights and the value for money they got... and are now seeing very nice results.

I still have some of these luminaires available for sale, PM me if you are interested and I can quote you a competitive price as I'm doing a bit of a clearance at the moment. If you have any questions I will be completely transparent with you about every step of the process because I have documented everything. These lights are straight up sick as and I'm very proud of the build quality and how they've turned out. I'm sure you'd love to have one in your grow room!

Thanks!
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

That sounds great.

How did you verify the leds and bins?

Is the 2.85umol output measured, or estimated?
Grower
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Only way to verify the binning is with a voltmeter I suppose
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I thought the only way to verify would be in a sphere
Futuregrow
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

The diodes can be visually verified to be type C, because they have a considerably larger emitter than the type B. I also have the manufacturing drawings of the lm561 series illustrating the difference, and have closely inspected them with a loupe to confirm these are definitely the real deal.

The bins run at slightly different voltages. When I test the panels with a multimeter the numbers stack up correctly to be the specified bin. Further verification was provided by the seller who sent me photos of the labelling on the Samsung diode packaging they have, which matches up with what is stated in the data sheet.

2.85 uMol/J is calculated based on all the variables, using the Samsung calculator and numbers that I've borrowed from another forum where they posted verified conversion factors obtained through an integrating sphere.

I'm happy to break it all down for you tonight, I'm just at work right now and don't have access to my resources. I know trust is hard to gain with the various shenanigans that have happened with these online retailers. But can assure you that I've done my fair share of due diligence given the size of the investment I made into these. Short of putting them in an integrating sphere myself, I've done everything else one can do.
Last edited by Futuregrow on Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sdfoster22
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Yes a sphere test is what is needed. The b+ diodes and lower bins perform great as well. You just don't get the same Effeciency.
NothinYet is my nickname