Photos Being Used to sell on Alibaba

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
jdotfite
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I was reading the "Samsung LM561C Strip Build" post and did a little google searching to see if I could find the roll version of the LM561Cs mentioned in the "builds by readers" section. I ended up coming across a product page on alibaba and it looks like they stole a bunch of photos from here, watermarked them and are using them to sell their product. Not sure what can be done about it, but just a heads up.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 21723.html
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Hey there.

Somebody had mentioned this awhile back and I emailed the seller to see if they’d remove the pictures. The dude actually responded back and told me he would remove them if I pointed out all the offending pics. I didn’t expect that response but it was still a pain in the ass to go through and describe them somehow,!so I never followed through. It’s in my to-do list.

Thanks for bringing this back to my attention :)
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

That's an Alibaba supplier I will definitely not be doing any business with.
Shkronis
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I don't believe that you can buy real 561C from Alibaba or ebay - most likely counterfits. I think someone on RIU ended up with a batch of very questionable chips - but you get what you pay for...
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

It’s too bad it’s practically impossible to tell what you’re getting.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

admin wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:47 pm
It’s too bad it’s practically impossible to tell what you’re getting.
exactly why I will never order for Alibaba or eBay! I'm sure there are a few good deals.. but I'm not spending the time to dig thru a thousand fake junk things for sale to find the one that is real!
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Where do you think ChilLED and HLG get their COBs/strips/PCBs?

(I'll save you the guess work: Alibaba)
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

like I said... I'm sure there are good deals on Alibaba... I refuse to search thru 99% junk to find 1 good item... if they want to sort thru it and then resell it to us I'm fine with it..