second build advise

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
sparky1
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hello, lurked here while , thought I would join the party finally.
Have assembled(not built) a HLG LED light 320 XL Qb 288 triple broads 3000 K. V-2
Was hoping for some pointers on how to build a 4000 k veg light with total of 1000 watts total output using 2-3 drivers and homemade frames to fill rest of 9 by 5 gorilla tent for total of about 1700 watts. Also have few hundred watts of t-5's to assist vegging.

Was thinking about the
https://www.arrow.com/en/products/si-b8 ... lectronics
or is this the same as numbers for arrows strip are a bit higher more lumens that digikey?
https://www.digikey.ca/products/en?keyw ... 10-2229-ND
If I go with Digi Canada $633.27($715.00 with tax) for ten strips, any better deals?
guess for parts cost to finish (no frames needed have those)?
anyone found a place to buy singles is the arrow one is only singles is it better for any reason?
Anyone built one yet ...is so how was it for growing ?Worth extra over bridgelux or thomas research?
What model of driver would one need to run two strings say 5 each strips each?
600 HGL mean well maybe? Model?

Any idea how may can be run in series I assume is best way?
Only other idea I was hoping to get help where is to buy bulk wire say 100 feet to wire panels 18 AWG single stand, high temp.(300c ?) 600 volt, high temp I am in Canada by the way,
Saw this, but kinds pricey, this the right wire?
https://www.mouser.ca/ProductDetail/Alp ... FfNbnmQ%3d

Any help finding something like those boards or wire would be appreciated at a decent price to Canada. I have 7.5 floor ceiling and lots of cooling/venting so running a bit hot isn't an issue, have heavy aluminum C channel for frame ,4 inch wide.
If anyone knew where to get wire for from the meanwell driver to splice to wall plug then to board so driver can go outside tent would,be a real bonus.
I don't think single strand 18 AWG is suitable, but no idea. I guess same or one gauge heaver than wall plug wire that comes in HLG kits as I like to error side of caution. Any suggestions for supplier/type?

I do have tester, and good with tools not so much with electronics but with some help I am sure I can get through this.
One last one I am sure others wonder anyone find a good price for wago's(or suitable cheaper type) enough to build a few lights?3 bay, 2 bay, 5 bay I assume is all I would need?

Sure all adds up fast first round of buying(tent, good Hanna PH ECC PPM meter, can-fan filter and fan, etc.etc) set me back a bundle so any help would be great cutting cost. It is for medical legal grow as cost to buy it was killing me ,
so here I AM broke anyways lol
Had enough getting ripped off on swag, cost me $7,400 last year from health Canada approved pirates.
I hear LED lights grow dankness, any truth to that? Mine look good so far!
HGL board are damn fine but to pricey this time.
Shimbob
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Any idea how may can be run in series I assume is best way?
Series vs parallel, there is no universal best, it depends on the situation and your preferences. Both have pros & cons.
And if you went with an hlg-600H with F strips then parallel is the only way to wire.
If anyone knew where to get wire for from the meanwell driver to splice to wall plug then to board so driver can go outside tent would,be a real bonus.
I don't think single strand 18 AWG is suitable, but no idea. I guess same or one gauge heaver than wall plug wire that comes in HLG kits as I like to error side of caution. Any suggestions for supplier/type?
AC side, match whatever wire is already there to the plug.
DC side is more complicated. My suggestion is to learn about voltage drop due to wire loss. Rather than just trying to get away with the thinest wire you can that prevents failure(wire overheating or arcing across insulation), consider looking into selecting wire to minimize loss and maximize efficiency. Choose wire after you've selected the driver, as the current the driver puts out will determine wire size.