Help needed choosing drivers for monos..

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
Crusher
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hi all!

Im right In the middle of designing my light fixture..
It's going to be an CoB, strips and monos hybride array..
I got most of my parts sorted out..
And bit by bit im gathering supplies.
But those monos are giving me a hard time..
Im planning on using 8 osram SSL 150 far red 730nm as flower initiators and 10 luminus SST-10-UV-130A 365nm to boost THC and ripening proces...
For some reason i just cant figure out wich drivers to use.. my other drivers are the HLG-B series..
Also im planning to "fully" automate things in the future, so i would like to have the opportunity of being able to dim all my LEDs for spectral controle and dusk till dawn simulation..
From what i understand is that this is probably not even (0-100%) possible on HLG drivers.. :evil: (also advice needed on this subject.. :? Please..)
But i currently also have a hard time even selecting a driver for those monos..
Anyone got some suggestions?
I was looking in to the Meanwell pcd-40-700b drivers.. but they seem to have a wierd kind of dimming.. bet that will be a pain to use with arduino..
I also came across the Meanwell pwm-40-36 wich seems a good candidate for the 10 uvs..
But for those 8 far reds i just cant find a suitable option at all.. appart from the pcd or other non-dim drivers...
Can anyone at least point me in some direction?
Thanks so much!!
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

have you thought about dc/dc drivers for individual strings?
https://www.rapidled.com/dc-dc-drivers/

I used RapidLED as reference ( because everything you need insight) but there's many options to volts, amperage , watts, where to buy etc.. you can run single or multiple strings of each nm and have dimming control...
they have similar options as the hlg-c series b type.. pwm, 0-10v, etc.. I think the pwm is 5v over 10v but I noticed the storm controller has converters now https://www.rapidled.com/storm-sunrise-sunset/ to run any 10v pwm driver.. as well as analog.. should be able to sunrise sunset hlg xxx -c xxx b type now. along with mono strings..