Alibaba dimmer

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
gipsey
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Ok guys I have this 480w kit from MeijIU. I'm more than happy with the light just finished my first crop using led and definitely had an increase in yeild and temps in the room were down which was essential for the area I grow in . Incase your wondering I had 600w hps in a cool vent before stumbling into the amazing world of the quantum board's.
Anyhow long story short the dimmer that comes with the kit is shit in my opinion it doesn't work with my timers lights switch off for dark time rest for 12 hours then when the timer kicks back in it won't switch the dimmer back on. Basically I've been running the light without the dimmer on at all and now my new cuttings are ready for the flower room and I don't want them smashed with full power at this stage . Can someone help me out or advice me on how to be able to run the light with dimmer connected and able to switch on with the timer . Here's the link for the kit and its a type B meanwell driver.
Apologies for long post and bad grammar.
Thanks in advance Gipsey
https://app.alibaba.com/dynamiclink?tou ... cene=buyer
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

apologies for a delayed response..

if I'm understanding correctly... any 100k ohm linear potentiometer would work.. what ever you have it set too it will stay at.. regardless if the power to the driver is on or off... it sounds like the dimmer they give resets with the power of driver... which would suck...

https://www.rapidled.com/cased-potentiometer-with-knob/ these supposedly have a chip to make sure you have full 100k dimming capability with out having to add a inline resistor..

is another option.. but you're probably going to want to put a resistor on these.. to make sure you get the full dimmablity.
gipsey
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

It was a bit of a no brainer really I've even watched the video on YouTube . In the middle of a heat wave here and a dimmer will make a huge difference.
Thanks again for your reply