Get uni-seals they said, it will be fun they said.

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
WhiteRecluse
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Holy shit Batman! I almost dropped a testicle trying to get a pipe through a 1.5" uniseal. Lucky for me I had to do it four times. I don't know how you all do it, if you are using these things on the regular. Looking forward like, if I had to do these on a 16 bucket system, I'd go back to soil!
Cheers!
ATPinMotion
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

A little dish soap can go a long way... ;)
Run 'em soft
WhiteRecluse
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Man, I used cooking oil. If I ever have to do this again I'll give dishsoap a go though.
Cheers!
Breed
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Uni-Seals bite. I used them my first grow and besides the ass kicking getting everything set up mine would leak if I bumped and moved a bucket around a little--
WhiteRecluse
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I've had the buckets bubbling in a test area for almost 24 hours now. I've resituated the buckets 4 or 5 times and so far so good. I've heard good things about them compared to bulkeads so that's why I went this route. Are you still using them Breed or did you go another route?
Breed wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:25 am
Uni-Seals bite. I used them my first grow and besides the ass kicking getting everything set up mine would leak if I bumped and moved a bucket around a little--
Cheers!
Marine2143
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

These are a good deal and work better than a air stone. I like individual units for experimenting http://www.swisstropicals.com/library/s ... ubelifter/
WhiteRecluse
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Not sure how that ties in, but interesting nonetheless.
Cheers!
Marine2143
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Aloha & We started using systems like this over 30 years ago. With the right air pumps uni seals and air stones are not needed. I like a 10 to 15 gallon container with several luft pumps.
WhiteRecluse
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Ohh, I see what you mean. I could certainly have went with individual dwc/waterfarm method. I prefer the undercurrent method with a separate res. I can keep my water temps a bit lower this way and typically use a frozen water bottle or two in the res based on water temp.

Also, I can flush the entire system from the res if needed straight from the pump in the res bucket without having to lift or move a bucket.
Cheers!
Marine2143
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Aloha & We were doing nutrient testing and having one plant per unit was great for multiple strain weekly analysis. In larger systems your method is more labor effective.