Calculating driver,wattage,voltage from SP configuration of LM301B leds,how to?

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
Indiled
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I have some strips of LM301B that have 80 leds per strip in a 8S10P configuration.
By Samsung specs LM301B can be ran at 2.7volts 65ma each.
So I think each strip of 80(8*2.7) at 10*65ma or 21.6volts 650ma and each strip is approximately 21.7(650ma)=14watts.
Now to power 16 strips by Samsung specs so do I multiply
16(21.7) =347.2volts at 650ma ?
Can I use this data and then use hlg 240H-C700A or B or a 240H-24B to drive 16 strips in series?
I know it’s not exact but every strip,board,bar of LM301B has a SP configuration and can I calculate what driver I need by using SP configuration using forward voltage and current of a single LM301B?
Is my thinking correct?
I find boards,bars and strips with no specs but I can trace circuits or get SP configuration for the way LM301B are arranged on board and want to make sure my method works?
One last question,
How far can LM301B be driven?Ive seen some powering them way over 65ma .
TacticGuy
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Hello!
I was thinking on a build than ran over 300v myself, but was corrected on the limitation on the connectors of the strips, they are apparently rated for around 300v, yet recommended not to go over 250v :)
Thats all i can give of input as im new to this. Someone correct me if im wrong :)
:ugeek:
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Is there a special reason why you want to connect so many strips in series?

If you are looking for the limits of the lm301b, I think the real limits you will encounter are thermal, rather then how much electricity it can be fed.

Personally I like the ease and flexibility that parallel builds provide. Sorry if I'm not of too much help.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
crazyphil
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Following Psycho , why all in series ?
I would rather put them on 2s8p with a HLG-240H-42B or an HLG-240H-48B
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I see a little benefit in driver efficiencies in some higher voltages, so if someones planned setup matches that perfectly, it makes total sense.

Personally I have pretty much rebuilt everything 5-6 times, and will probably do that again. I make a setup, feel its a little hotter then I want, and rebuild it to the new idea. It would not have been a terrible loss to have been stuck with my first setup, it wasn't useless, but I feel I benefited a lot from the flexibility.

For the last two cycles I've been playing with side lighting, and this time I have 2-3x more then in the last round, but I have less light on top. I felt there were a few corners I wanted more lit, so I just hung some strips like Christmas decorations, and leeched electricity from the closest suitable fixture.

All the playing around is paying off so I guess I'm gradually becoming aware of the different ways I'm using my light in the different parts of the year, so now I would finally be in a position to start designing fixtures that stay the way they are, and design them in series.

But there are the various indoor grow scenarios I face, studying different ways to produce from 1-2 plants... then there is springtime where I do a lot of pre-growing tomatoes, chilies etc, progressing in stages as the plants grow. Then in the autumn I bring in lots of tomatoes and stuff that still produce for a while. In the winter just a couple of weed plants with sidelight. I just rearrange the pieces according to the needs of the moment.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"