colorful 512 led grow light panel with true full spectrum

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
r2thk
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

we developed ours 512led boards to match ours 240watt heatsink, by now, we tested it with Meanwell hlg-240h-48A version, the max power can be 290watt. we tested it as 270watt.
the led array rate as below; the white with Samsung LM561C S6 3500kevin chips
320pcs 3500K
16pcs 365nm
16pcs 385nm
32pcs 450nm
32pcs 620nm
64pcs 660nm
32pcs 730nm
Attachments
24inch testing report
24inch testing report
18inch testing report
18inch testing report
12inch height testing report
12inch height testing report
spectrum
spectrum
led array
led array
Kascutt
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Are these panels available?
r2thk
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

yes, these boards are available now
Hydrofood
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

3rd party testing?
r2thk wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:16 am
yes, these boards are available now
ATPinMotion
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Looks pretty sweet, who and where is the vendor?
Run 'em soft
Hydrofood
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Vendor is r2t on Alibaba
https://m.alibaba.com/product/620406964 ... m.main.0.0
ATPinMotion wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:27 am
Looks pretty sweet, who and where is the vendor?
grisbi
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

very nice job sir but
why to much complication sir :)
put off the uv and ir led, ( dont need that heat for iv on leaves and uv bulb are doing so much better work in my opinion)
the perfect pcb for veg and flow will be for me:

put me this nice board with 2 channel dimmable
- 1 channel with 368 white led:
lm 301b top bin 4000k
-1 channel dimmable with 144 monocolore led :
color for the mono's

blue
32 pcs 485nm

red
64 pcs 660
48 pcs 730

with this configuration sir, you keep your 512 led design pcb but increase your lm/w efficiency a lot on adding lm301b @4000k, they are a little bit more efficient are do very nice job for veg plant.
On adding 2 seperate channel, we will be able to make a flower boost on pushing hard the mono color channel :)

so we keep amazing lm/w and increase a lot the general cri of that pcb by renforcing the lack of spectre of the lm 301b @4000k with the 485/660/730 nm . they already have a ton of 450/620 nm on theire spectrum.
and the cool stuff is that you make a real good use of the emerson effect with a nice ratio 660/730 ;)
i let you the electrical part, you have lot of experience, i trust you ;)

if you can make those modification, you will see your spectrum will be almost following the macree curv and im pretty sure we all buy some pcb,
i will buy a lot of them :D
Unorthodox
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

And you throw in the Quantum name although it's not a Quantum board. Not a great way to garner support with this community, I think.

HLG has spent time, money, effort to build the quantum brand with quality product and service. I support them. I don't support other companies trying to ride on their coattails.

You have an interesting product, and I appreciate the ingenuity and creativity bringing a product like this to market. But make your own name.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Unorthodox wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:31 pm
And you throw in the Quantum name although it's not a Quantum board. Not a great way to garner support with this community, I think.

HLG has spent time, money, effort to build the quantum brand with quality product and service. I support them. I don't support other companies trying to ride on their coattails.

You have an interesting product, and I appreciate the ingenuity and creativity bringing a product like this to market. But make your own name.
I can't really speak for the wider community, but I don't think anyone will loose too much standing here for calling a non-HLG product a quantum board. From the top of my head I can't find an alternative term that would be commonly used. Surely an individual should not be held accountable for the nature of common expression?
History is quite full of examples where an entire tech takes the name of first movers, and its generally considered a great benefit for the company whose name gets used, free advertisement.

I don't feel comfortable acting as a power broker/ judge but I doubt HLG invented sticking diodes on PCB. Each person is free to decide for themselves how much credit HLG deserves for making led strips wider, into a board format. Personally I think strips came first and give better coverage, so for me I care for boards about as much as a vegetarian cares for a steak.

I work as a consultant, and I have never in my life encountered a business team who imagines that they will get to keep a product or service just because they came up with it first. Actually everyone understands its quite important to plan launches and market strategies well, because someone bigger or faster might make it to the market before you - with your own product.

HLG found themselves with a great idea, paying someone to make a 'wider strip'. They had the choice of how to approach the market: If they priced themselves low, it would have been harder for others to take a foothold in the market. Instead they increased their prices to the point that small companies like Atreum are able to make tiny batches, sell them at half price and still live from that. Its HLG's choice, and they decided to leave the field open for a million other players.

In Asia they call the HLG strategy 'Eat a lot but for a single day'. It's considered quite a short term business strategy, also good for people who are lazy, or for someone with power to push out the competition. It's a great strategy for anyone planning a quick flip.

Anyway, my advise to you is: If you really want to look at the world in such territorial terms, do a mental exercise and try to apply this logic to your wider surroundings in a consistent manner, I doubt anyone could. Perhaps at some point you might realize its for the general good that we have multiple car companies, rather then a single company who can double the price when they see their product is popular.

Anyway, there are lots of members who appreciate manufacturers coming here to discuss things with us. You are telling a person to make their own name, while they are here discussing their own original product.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
ATPinMotion
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Thanks for putting it so eloquently.

Respect for intellectual property in China? :lol:
Run 'em soft