Cannon Fodder

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
Frank Cannon
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Well since the LavaLord has graced us with his appearance I'll post a few pics off whats up in the land of the long smoky cloud. We do speak English in New Zealand - land of the mighty All Blacks and Americas Cup, but it is a strange dialect down under so you will struggle with our terminology.

I am on my third LED grow after my first Sensei Master Mr Prawn Connery converted me from HPS. In case you are wondering who the third Sensei Master is, it is none other than the legendary St Randomblame, hopefully they swing through too!

Here is a pic of my 2nd grow using the HLG 96 engines 2 weeks after flip - awesome lights!!
QBUV.jpg
My slippery slope to LEDS started here, some good info offered to me in this thread:
https://www.rollitup.org/t/5-x-5-light-set-up.978296/
Frank Cannon
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Moving along now, Prawn conned me and OG into trying his new "High Lights" boards he built. I went with his 2 colour HighRed panels - in a nutshell:
[*]The boards measure 415mm x 205mm x 2mm (aluminium) and have 450 LEDs
[*]Two high CRI LEDs for a nominal 2700K

A couple of threads on his panels and efficiency tests:

https://www.rollitup.org/t/high-lights- ... ia.988805/
https://www.rollitup.org/t/high-light-e ... -2.989161/

So not being backwards in going forwards and always keen to get myself in a cluster f$%k I came up with my own design - Ok I got the idea from Randomblame for heatsinks (which incidentally are not required at the power I am driving them at) my Vesuvious sinks have been designed to mount his panels but also a recess to run Arcadia T5s
P1.jpg
Ves 1.jpg
The Cannon Fodder control ctr, remote mounted drivers etc
20190622_151829[1].jpg
Which brings me to here, 1 week after flip, plants and me both alive which is remarkable really
Attachments
20190621_172117[1].jpg
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Beautiful! looks like a pretty heavy fixture... did you need help hanging it?
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Very very neat set up. You should get some great results with the added UV, makes it look like it was made for it.
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
Frank Cannon
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:05 am
Beautiful! looks like a pretty heavy fixture... did you need help hanging it?
Its 4 individual fixtures so I can adjust heights easily depending on plant requirements and if I go some sort of perpetual grow in the future. Sink is 3mm Ally, i would guess each fixture weighs in at about 2-3 kgs
Frank Cannon
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Thanks TK, not much OCD in the Sth Island cuz :mrgreen:
Or_Gro
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Frank Cannon wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:33 am
Moving along now, Prawn conned me and OG into trying his new "High Lights" boards he built. I went with his 2 colour HighRed panels - in a nutshell:
[*]The boards measure 415mm x 205mm x 2mm (aluminium) and have 450 LEDs
[*]Two high CRI LEDs for a nominal 2700K

A couple of threads on his panels and efficiency tests:

https://www.rollitup.org/t/high-lights- ... ia.988805/
https://www.rollitup.org/t/high-light-e ... -2.989161/

So not being backwards in going forwards and always keen to get myself in a cluster f$%k I came up with my own design - Ok I got the idea from Randomblame for heatsinks (which incidentally are not required at the power I am driving them at) my Vesuvious sinks have been designed to mount his panels but also a recess to run Arcadia T5s
P1.jpg
Ves 1.jpg

The Cannon Fodder control ctr, remote mounted drivers etc

20190622_151829[1].jpg

Which brings me to here, 1 week after flip, plants and me both alive which is remarkable really
Gonna have to organize my electricals someday....
Frank Cannon
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Allo Allo, whats going on here then?

In collaboration with @themadGermanScientist I bring my latest Kiwi cock up....

5000K H_Influx L09 strips:
20190623_165526[1].jpg

Cutter ZGE-280-SXP Customs: Cree XPE-2 475nm Blue(2) Semileds 420nm Violet(3) and Cree XPG-3 Photo Red, 660nm(5):
Cutter.jpg
Stop it Prawn, I know you are flapping your tail and shaking your head at me :mrgreen: it's an addiction yeah?
Or_Gro
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

So what do those things do?
Frank Cannon
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Patience Coalhopper, remember we talked about blue light and nodal spacing in the Windtunnel .....