Easy way to remove strips from heatsink attached with double sided thermal adhesive tape?

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
eladmitz
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hi,
Is there?
Thanks
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Turn the lights on to get them warm, use a very sharp blade, start from one end and slowly lift while you cut. Sometimes you get lucky and it comes off easy. Try not to cut yourself. If you are not worried about damaging the strips then you can use a heat gun or a hair drier to get it warmed up.
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Teknik is giving sound advise. This is what worked for me.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
Osash78
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Instead of a sharp blade, maby a tiny metal wire?
Like used to change iPhone cracked screen...
Never tried, but in my mind sounds like can work well...
eladmitz
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Thanks guys!
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I use a puukko, its a traditional knife that has a pretty thick blade. https://nordiskaknivar.files.wordpress. ... /07/2b.jpg

Not sure if a thin wire would do a good job, I still had to vary between prying and cutting my way in. Maybe the wire works great, let us know :P
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
Shimbob
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Fishing line works well too. I tried dental floss once but it wasn't strong enough.
grisbi
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

TEKNIK wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:35 am
Turn the lights on to get them warm, use a very sharp blade, start from one end and slowly lift while you cut. Sometimes you get lucky and it comes off easy. Try not to cut yourself. If you are not worried about damaging the strips then you can use a heat gun or a hair drier to get it warmed up.
if i had read that before destroying 3 led strip on trying to remove them from heatsink :'(