What are these hanging wires called?

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
0 to 220
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

I'm searching my ass off for these steel wires. They come on a lot of chinese grow lights and I really like these things. You can order them as in the picture but I'm really looking for these specific wires with the end loops clamped (just the wires, no other bullshit). They must be mass produced somewhere. I wanna order a hundred of them. they're very useful for many things and you don't have to clamp anything yourself. Does anybody know anything about them? I've tried many search terms but just cant find them.
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Your hardware store should be able to help you out with them, it's just stainless cable used around decks or sometimes used for fishing big fish
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
0 to 220
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Gah, including the word stainless finds me a lot more stuff. Cheers!
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

You can make them with gal cable also, you just need the crimps and the crimp tool. Most boating places sell the crimps and the tool.
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
JayKell
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

0 to 220 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:43 pm

I'm searching my ass off for these steel wires. They come on a lot of chinese grow lights and I really like these things. You can order them as in the picture but I'm really looking for these specific wires with the end loops clamped (just the wires, no other bullshit). They must be mass produced somewhere. I wanna order a hundred of them. they're very useful for many things and you don't have to clamp anything yourself. Does anybody know anything about them? I've tried many search terms but just cant find them.
I used to work in a boatyard. Also at a higher cost in Alum. or stainless, but this is (galvanized) "aircraft cable", probably 1/8"or 2/2.5mm. Connectors are barrel swages and you would need a swaging tool, but the cheaper option is getting this and cable/rope/wire clamps/clips, not as pretty but plenty strong and no special tools, just a wrench.

This is what I'm talking about :
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Blue-Hawk-Zinc ... /999971042

The wire is cheap by the foot at the hardware store, and cheaper by the roll online if you look around.

Edit: only stainless and swages on boats, but galvanized is cheaper and more easily available, and the clamps are fine even for much higher loads (and reusable) as long as your life doesn't depend on it.
0 to 220
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Man you guys rock hard. I have found out everything I wanted to know about these things, and even more!

That swaging/crimping tool is really something useful... I can see myself using this method often. As a shitty DIYer, I often don't know what all the parts are called. That can be quite a hindrance. Anyway, I'm just excited that I learned about this, thanks very much.