ChilLED Grow Lights Growcraft Reveal!

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
ChilLED Grow Lights
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Members of LEDgardner,
We are thrilled to announce that Growcraft is finally here! We have created a video that goes in-depth on all of the features and specs of the light systems, so be sure to watch the full video on YouTube (Link below)
If you want to be among the first to use Growcraft order yours TODAY! Don’t wait... Orders will be fulfilled on a first-come, first-serve basis!

Reveal video:

Order here: https://chilledgrowlights.com/our-products-services
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Nice job on the heatsink, it's very similar to one of my designs.

Can you answer this for me, your strip does not seem to be tunable so what is the idea behind using 5000K and 3000K chips instead of strait out 4000K all round for the mid powers?
I see alot of companies doing this and it's confusing as it's easy just to order the color you want to begin with instead of mixing them on the board. I can understand if there are differences in the phosphors used but if the are plain cri80 leds it doesn't seem worth while to me.
Edit...

There is one thing that comes to mind as a reason for doing this and it's because of binning. As 5000k and 3000k are more popular colours then they have extra bins and are more likely to have top bins.

Whenever I mention to a manufacturer that I want top bins they tell me that they can not supply enough of them and there would be upto a 6 month wait time to gather enough for supply.
The solution they come up with is to place small orders, that's a little difficult when you need to order 1 million pcs and they will have trouble supplying 100K.
That's the only reason I can think of to use 2 different colors of The same led with the same CRI type that doesn't have anything unique about the phosphor.
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
ChilLED Grow Lights
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Thank you!

Great question, the reason why we are using 3000k and 5000k rather than just 4000k is to increase the overall spectrum of our light systems.

Hope this helps :D

-Austin
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Running 2 different colour temperature of the same leds does not increase the over all spectrum.
If your 5000K led were optisolis then you you be correct but they are clearly not optisolis.

Maybe check again why 2 different colours are used.
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
ChilLED Grow Lights
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Unfortunately I can't go into any more depth due to it being proprietary company information.

-Austin
Futuregrow
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Yeah when you mix 5000k and 3000k, the output spectrum blend is damn near identical to 4000k. It doesn't increase the near UV, cyan, or red regions at all. Teknik's reasoning about being able to source a higher overall quantity of high-bin diodes seems the most logical.