Just another newbie help me thread

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
Ledgen
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

First post!

Hi and thanks for this awesome forum! Goldmine for first time led builders like me.

I´m looking for some advice regarding replacing my 10 year old 600w gavita hps with basically the best led light I can get in my price range. I´m growing in a 4x4 tent and can spend ~650-850€ on parts.

I would like to build 2 ledstrip fixtures at 320w dimmable, with UVA/UVB.. Both for Veg/bloom (full cycle) But i`m not sure which strips would be best value for money here. I´m leaning towards Cutters, they seem to be very good and also have some UV supplement light for sale.

I had my eyes on :
Hlg-320h-48b (2psc)

Samsung
Bridgelux
Cutters solstrip
------------

Any suggestions regarding which strips, and what nm range and how much UV is needed would be appreciated !!

Bonus question :
Cutters 3 channel strips say channel 1 and 3 are 48v and 2 is 20-28v. So is this 3 individual channels or are they wired in series/parallel?

Have a good weekend!
randorson
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Welcome to the forum. Thought I'd bump your thread for you.

Best value in LED strips is an interesting question. There is a lot of room to argue about what is makes for a valuable strip. I think a guy from cutter post on this forum. Im sure they make good stuff.

Just to be contentious I'll say no UV, no far-red and F-series strips. :twisted: 's advocate. Maybe if we're lucky some charitable genius will come along and provide a detailed explanation as to why I'm wrong, with citations.
Ledgen
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Thanks for the welcoming and the bump :)

I had some great help from @Teknik over the week so I´ve desided on cutters SSK-1560ZGE-UVABoost with one hlg-480-48AB driver.

Making an order today :)
Ledgen
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

40 cutters led strips and 2 hlg-480h-48ab on the way!!
ganjah
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Congrats on the purchase! That's going to be a great build! Can't wait to see it.

It seems the discussion of what to buy was done in private, so I want to ask:

What made you go from 2x fixtures of strips with 2x 320w drivers to presumably 2x fixtures with a single 500w output driver? And what made you pick those strips from Cutter?
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5457

Discussion is here not in private
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
Ledgen
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Thanks!
Sorry for the late answer.
A friend wanted me to build him a led light aswell, so ordered twice the amount of strips and drivers.
My 4*4 tent will be runnning 20 strips and 1 hlg 480.

So I moved away from 2 fixtures in one tent. Basicyally just wanted to have less drivers.

Btw, received the driver 3 days after order was placed. Gotta love Tme!
Hyped to start building my first light!!
Ledgen
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Anyone with experience regarding Cutters manufacturing / delivery time?
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Ledgen wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 7:19 am
Providing they have things in stock it usually takes about a week to ship after payment.
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
Ledgen
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

TEKNIK wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 7:38 am
Ledgen wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 7:19 am
Providing they have things in stock it usually takes about a week to ship after payment.
They had only 4 instock when order was placed. So 36 on backorder :/

Hey teknik since you are here, do you have any idea of the u mol/s / ppfd on these strips?